i dont care what its called :rant:
sorry if i am coming off really rude but i am at the end of my ROPE! :grrrr:
my chemicals are fine they read.
fc =3.0
ph=7.6
ta=150
this all i have.
now the phosphate level was high.
so i was told add 2 pints of phosfree from leslies .....
i just want to get rid of this Crud.
please help

i have brushed the pool like mad. i brushed all the yellow stuff to the deep end and let the main drain suck it all up. then i added the phosfree the skimmer,and when i got up this morning i had to back wash my pool. i just now vacuumed the pool.
what gives folks?
im so aggravated, i have wasted money on chemicals,time,and gas...
to top it off i was laid off from work. :gone:
thanks
Ed

Virtually every algae problem is a lack of chlorine in the pool. Chlorine must be kept in your pool constantly and never allowed to drop below a certain level.

That "certain" level depends largely on how much CYA (stabilizer, conditioner) is in your pool. If you could get a test and post that number, we'll be able to help you get rid of the algae.

Do not purchase any more stuff from the pool store. Phosphates are not an issue in your pool.

if you click on pool school in the top right of every page, there is a lot of information that will shed some light on pool chemistry which the pool stores won't tell you because they want to make money on phos-free and all the other expensive chemicals. it will also tell you how to solve your problem and there are many people here to help as duraleigh said.

you know i should just kick the Crud out of myself!!!
i told myself to do all of what the pool school forum said to do but i was over analyze the pool, as i do everything.
i just threw about 4lbs of shock in and went to brushing the pool and i will back wash in 24hrs and vacuum the pool and back wash again. :goodjob:

What is your CYA level? You really need to know your CYA level!

Once you know your CYA level, you will know how much chlorine you need to add. Just tossing in some random amount of chlorine might work, or it might be too little, or it might be way too much. If you don't know what all of your levels are, you are just guess and much more likely to be wrong than to be right.

i think the cya has been way to high for some time now.
because all i have been putting out before today was chloribrite.
which is full of cya that is the stabilizer correct?
plus my tablets have a stabilizer in it also,correct?

jason' i agree with you 100% my kit test kit does not test for cya.
but if memory serves me right,last year i ran into the same issue,with to much cya levels.

Casey said:
If your CYA is at 100, then it could actually be over 100! :shock:

Super-chlorinate with unsented bleach but... before you actually do that, I'd highly recommend partial drain/refills until your CYA is at 50. I mean, that's what I would do if my CYA was at 100 and ^.

If you don't have enough CYA, your FC is ineffective.

You have to have a HaPpY MiDdLe! :mrgreen:

If you have too much CYA, your FC is ineffective.

Good Luck, Welcome to TFP and keep us posted! :wave:
this rung my bell!!! $45 to late though. :hammer:

mred said:
i think the cya has been way to high for some time now.
because all i have been putting out before today was chloribrite.
which is full of cya that is the stabilizer correct?
plus my tablets have a stabilizer in it also,correct?
If you are talking about Leslie's Chlor Brite, then this is Dichlor and probably the most irresponsible product on the market when advertised for use in shocking a pool with chlorine. For every 10 ppm Free Chlorine (FC) that it adds, it also increases Cyanuric Acid (CYA) by 9 ppm.

And yes, your Trichlor tabs/pucks have stabilizer in them as well. For every 10 ppm FC added by Trichlor, it also increases CYA by 6 ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
mred said:
well i checked my water today and my fc=3
ph=8.0
ta=240
im a little out of wack here,any suggestions.

You need to go to the pool store and have them test your CYA level. Once you know your CYA level, you will know your Shock level.

Your PH and TA are too high.

Read :
How to Shock your Pool
Defeating Algae
How to Lower Total Alkalinity

These articles are in Pool School. There's also an article on how to use the Pool Calculator, if you are confused at all about that. :wink:

frustratedpoolmom said:
mred said:
well i checked my water today and my fc=3
ph=8.0
ta=240
im a little out of wack here,any suggestions.

You need to go to the pool store and have them test your CYA level. (AND ASK THEM TO DOUBLE-CHECK THEIR RESULTS, STRESSING THAT YOU NEED TO BE REALLY SURE OF WHAT IT IS! I did this [and still on occasion] with Leslie's Pools and they have no problem double-checking their results for you! Cherie ) Once you know your CYA level, you will know your Shock level.

Your PH and TA are too high.

Read :
How to Shock your Pool
Defeating Algae
How to Lower Total Alkalinity

These articles are in Pool School. There's also an article on how to use the Pool Calculator, if you are confused at all about that. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.