Pool Pilot Digital Pump Program

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
All,
I run my acid pump off the pool pilot. Recently I've noticed that it isn't running daily like it should. I tested the pump and it is fine. The issue seems to be that the pool pilot is no longer switching it on.

When I manually enable it I can hear the relay switch, but I get nothing, 0V.

I also have a check cell warning light, that I suspect means I need to clean the cell, even though visually it is fine. Is there some "safety" feature that disables the pump if the check cell light is flashing?

thanks
david

L,

I suspect that the cell light is the key to the problem.

I know nothing about your particular cell, but in a lot of cases the light comes on at preset intervals, based upon run time, and you just have to reset it.

Please let us know what you find out, so that we can pass the info on to others that might have the same problem..

Thanks,

Jim R.

L,

I suspect that the cell light is the key to the problem.

I know nothing about your particular cell, but in a lot of cases the light comes on at preset intervals, based upon run time, and you just have to reset it.

Please let us know what you find out, so that we can pass the info on to others that might have the same problem..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I cleaned the cell and while it is producing chlorine I still get the check cell light. I'll tear it open today and check the caps, and relay wiring. Hopefully I can find something wrong. I just don't see them disabling the pumps just because the check cell light is on.

david

A "Check Cell" warning is not a time related message. A "Cell Inspect Due" message is a time related message and can be cleared by holding down the SELECT button.

Make sure you check the salinity level of the pool and what the SWG is reporting the salinity level is. Low water temperature can cause this error and a scaled cell. You have cleaned the cell so scaling is not the issue.

I have no idea if your acid pump issue is related to the cell issue.

OK I got it all sorted out. My acid pump runs off its own GFCI circuit. The circuit had tripped, resetting it fixed it all up for me.

However, it has been so long since I hooked this all up I had forgotten about this and I thought the pump was fed by the Autopilot supply. All it took was me taking everything a part, tracing the wires through all the conduit, back to the breaker to see it had tripped. Of coarse the breaker for the Autopilot, and pool pad is adjacent to the tripped one and I never saw it as I was testing the equipment, turning on and off the breaker :)

I'll put this down to a senior moment and move along,
david

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.