Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Seeping through defined line in Gunite shell

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Seeping through defined line in Gunite shell

We are in the process of having our pool built and there is a line in the gunite where water has continuously seeped through. I wouldn't worry if the water was just coming through in random spot since I read in other post it is normal for water to seep through gunite but the defined line in which the water is seeping is what bothers me. I will attach a picture so you can see the line. The gunite was poured almost 4 weeks ago and this spot has not been dry since. The white streaks in the picture are calcium deposits from the water leaching through. Is this a problem with the gunite in that area of the shell or normal? Thanks in advance.
    20170512_081356.jpg
    In process 2017 - Central, TX, 14K Gal, Free Form Pool, Pebble finish, two bubblers, Jandy 2.7 HP VS Pump, 460 Cartridge Filter w/spa.
    Raypak 399K BTU heater, Polaris 9450 Robot Cleaner, Jandy RS-PS4 JVA's remote control, Hayward LED light.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water Seeping through defined line in Gunite shell

What is your PB saying and can you have the gunite company that did the work come out and look at it?
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates