first time to pools

Jun 23, 2009
Hi all my wife wants to install a pool in our back yard ,im not to crazy about pools as I lost a family member to water accident .So she convinced me to install a sixteen foot round blow up rim this year an see how it goes from there as I am from europe an don't know nothing about pools what kind of base do I have to put under it,I thought maybe sand that kids use in a sand box but I don't know can you help me please as she brought it at a local store it holds 3500 gallons and my kids would like it up if all goes well we will install a peremeant one next year

Okay, sounds like the Intex Easy Set. Very popular this year!

I hope the pool came with instructions; start there. You can also go to the Intex website and get some information there, start at http://www.intexcorp.com/easyset.htm. They have a long list of FAQs with very short answers, but it's better than nothing.

Basically whereever you put the pool must be truly level; we recently had a post from a guy who said he was off by maybe 1" to 3" over 15', and it was a problem. It should also be flat, although this probably isn't crucial. Some people have suggested digging down a few inches and filling the hole with sand; seems like a lot of work to me, but the sand would be easier to get flat and level than dirt would. In that case you do want to dig down a little below ground level all the way around; do not try to build up a low side with fill, you'll regret it before long.

Good luck, keep us posted here.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.