Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Storage Unit for Pump etc.?

1. Back To Top    #1

Storage Unit for Pump etc.?

Anyone with Intex use a storage unit to "hide" your pump/swg/etc.? If so what size and brand?
    Intex 18x48/2650 Sand/56601E SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Storage Unit for Pump etc.?

Your pump needs to have good circulation to help keep it cool. I would not close it up in a storage unit. Now you can build something using lattice. It will be pretty and allow air in and out.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

this is what i have for mine. the front is wide open i am thinking of putting some vents in on each side even though i have not had any problems with the heat. i used this all last year without any problems.
    Charles
    Coleman 16'x48"
    Intex 16" pump & Sand filter, Intex Robot Vacuum
    Hayward Wide Mouth Skimmer
    TF-100 Test Kit Magnetic Speed Stirer

4. Back To Top    #4

Built my own out of treated wood and trex decking boards for the top. The top is lined with truck bed liner on the inside to keep everything dry. The box sits on pavers on all four corners to keep it from soaking up water and the pump/filter also sit on pavers with level sand under them to keep everything uniform and dry. The side boards all have a 1/4 inch gap to let air circulate.20170507_173949.jpg20170507_174014.jpg