backwash hose

ant812

Apr 19, 2017
marlton/nj
when I backwash I have to run that flimsy hose in a large arc to a 90 degree change of direction. sometimes is goes without a hitch but most of the time it ends up flailing around, kinking and then splitting. then I have to shorten it. I though I had it figured out last night, I bought a 2" to 1.5" plumbing so I could attach a vacuum hose to. it lasted about 5 seconds before the hose end blew off the hose. is there a heavy duty backwash hose available to purchase anywhere? im really trying not to hard plumb this if I don't have to.

thanks
anthony

I've had the same problem. The secret is preparation. Before you throw the valve, straighten the hose and remove every single twist and make the bend as generous as you can. It usually takes me as long to get the hose laid out as it does to actually backwash. I have some old concrete blocks and if you run the hose through one of the holes a few feet from the end it stops a lot of that whipping around.

Others will soon chime in about buying retired canvas fire hoses.

.... it lasted about 5 seconds before the hose end blew off the hose. is there a heavy duty backwash hose available to purchase anywhere? im really trying not to hard plumb this if I don't have to.

How is the hose attached to the plumbing? In my case I have a plastic nipple adapter screwed into my 1.5" female threaded adapter. When I put the hose on the nipple I use a metal hose clamp. Actually, what I plan to do this season is buy some camlock fittings making it easier to clamp the hose on and off. Banjo 1 1/2" Polypropylene Cam Lever Coupling - Part A - 150APP

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.