Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Intelliflo 011018 start issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Intelliflo 011018 start issues

Just opened pool for second season, and I cannot get pump to turn on. This pump is connected to an EasyTouch Control Panel. With panel in Service Mode, and Pump circuit on, pump control panel is on. Controls appear to function normal, when I choose a speed and push 'start', the display shows the RPMs ramp up and pump enter priming mode but motor never starts. Signal cable is connected. I have turned power on and off to panel to reset everything, but can't get it to turn on. Any suggestions?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pentair Intelliflo 011018 start issues

Service Mode disables the pump - for Service.

Try turning off the service mode.
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

It does the same thing whether in Auto or Service mode on the panel, and pump has always run when panel is in Service mode (it is how I typically backwash), just allows control manually on the pump itself, instead of through the EasyTouch.

5. Back To Top    #5

R,

Sorry, but I can't thing of a thing that you can do that would fix your issue. If the controller "thinks" it is telling the pump to run and the pump is not, then that sounds like an issue inside the pump itself.

Since this is just the 2nd season, I have to assume the pump is still under warranty, if so, I'd ask your pool builder to send out a Pentair warranty tech.

You could also call Pentair tech support and see what they say... If you do, and they have some other advice, please post here so we can all learn.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.