Intex 7k gallon Salt water generator connections leaking, pvc? Replacement washers?

Im having an issue.. i cant stop the connectors from leaking.. i've used teflon tape on both.. found a pvc connector that matched threads.. i think in the pvc case its odd mismatch in threading and probably needs removed.

I did do the carlon box adapter trick prior to the pvc one.. though it leaked too.. i think mainly because i didnt sand off the lettering on it.. i may retry that one.

For the regular nut.. not sure why its leaking, maybe needs new teflon, it hasnt been an issue in the past.. either way i'm redoing the pvc one because i should have a union just after it (it goes to 2" pipe).. with the carlon ill go to a 1.5 coupler, then a bushing that goes to 2.0 pvc

Any suggestions?

leaking.jpg

Re: Intex 7k gallon Salt water generator connections leaking, both with pvc and origi

The threading on the PVC collars is different than that on the Intex connectors, causing them to bind up before they screw down tight enough to seal off the connection. You can add a 2nd rubber washer and it'll work. I've done this with several connections on my pool.

Re: Intex 7k gallon Salt water generator connections leaking, both with pvc and origi

The threading on the PVC collars is different than that on the Intex connectors, causing them to bind up before they screw down tight enough to seal off the connection. You can add a 2nd rubber washer and it'll work. I've done this with several connections on my pool.
Thanks.. This is what i figured/was afraid of.. where do you get the washers at if you dont already have them.. i couldnt find any when i looked before at lowes.. or what type of washer would it be.. Also.. i just stumbled onto this.. i may switch to this too, then i dont need to cut the pipe and put a union in (i guess either will work if the washers do, but i still think i need a washer either way).. INTEX transition to PVC - YouTube

basically its this lowes part which is Item # 22654 Model # PVC 00111 0800 "Charlotte Pipe 1-1/2-in dia PVC Fitting Adapter Fitting".. you just put this into a 1.5" coupler.. then cut it right after the threads with a miter saw.. then sand the rough edges.. then glue it with the nut on it and coupler and go from there, along with the washer. I need to convert the other side to pvc anyway, since there is still a hose, which is bent at a bad angle i think, causing an increase in psi.. so i may try this at least on that side and compare results.

Ace Hardware

temporary_zpspkdnokif.jpg

Ace Hardware

temporary_zpspkdnokif.jpg
Update, i tried ace hardware.. they were clueless.. they tried looking up the UPC code and nothing came up.. i looked online on their site and i cant find anything.. closest i see is this on amazon for $17 (crazy).. and the picture at least, doesnt look right to me

I'm seeing a few on amazon but not sure any of them are right.. like this one that says "stepped", but i thought the original was flat or this, but it looks to large

You just need something about 1/8 inch thick that fits inside the collar. If the hole in the middle is too small, l cut it out larger with an Xacto knife.

If you have any extras of the Intex washers, you can stack a couple of them too. I've had so many Intex pools and pumps, I've always got some lying around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.