Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long until I swim?

1. Back To Top    #1

How long until I swim?

So out of curiosity, after my pool is filled with water, when can I swim?
    Dig 4/12/17, Gunite 4/19/17, Deck Installed 5/2/17, Plaster 6/12/17
    13,000 gallon, 24 x 19 rectangular pool/spa, platinum quartz plaster, travertine deck with raised beam in sloped yard. Polaris 3900 Complete, Jandy vsp 2.7hp, Jandy JX1400 Natural Heater, Jandy PDA PS6 (Pool/Spa), TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long until I swim?

What did the builder say? You don't want to give him any excuse to weasel out of the warranty. Personally, I'd wait until you don't get any more dust off the walls when you brush, at least.

It should go without saying that you want pH in range, FC adequate for the CYA, and clear enough to see the main drain.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Brand new pool.. jump in as soon as the water hits the top. You do take a shower with same fill water? Ever swim in a lake without the proper ph, cya or fc level? Seriously, if you have kids, nobody will die if you do a lap or two the next day.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Killer95Stang View Post
    Brand new pool.. jump in as soon as the water hits the top. You do take a shower with same fill water? Ever swim in a lake without the proper ph, cya or fc level? Seriously, if you have kids, nobody will die if you do a lap or two the next day.
    I am absolutely going to do that for my pool. Have a pool party? No. But get in 15 mins after it hits wall tile, yep!

DIY 19,000 Gallon, free form Gunite, Pentair VS 3HP, IC40 Salt System, Pentair Clean and Clear Cartridge 420 sq ft