Bski224

Jan 18, 2016
Long island NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Opened today and pool looks pretty good!! Thanks to you guys prior to closing. Here's my results.

PH 7.2
FC 4.5
CC 0.5
CAL 150
TA 100
Didn't do CYA pool temp is only about 64deg. Plus I just ordered some CYA refill. Ran it end of season​. Pool is pretty clear maybe very slight cloudy. Could be because from vacuuming and disturbing leaves in bottom of pool.

What is your pool surface ... it is missing from your signature.

With an overflow spa, I might assume plaster of some sort and thus your CH is a little low.

You should still do the CYA test regardless of water temp. Need to know the correct FC levels ;)
Just let the water sample warm up some prior to the test and maybe let it mix a little longer than the 30 seconds.

Welcome to the 2017 swimming season! :wave: It would be deal to test that CYA as soon as you can so you can match and elevate the appropriate FC and consider a season-opening SLAM to make sure any residual algae is cleared. Being that the water is still chilly, you can ensure the water sample you grab has a chance to warm-up to room temperature first, then step outside on a sunny day and run through the test. Good to hear that overall the water looks good. Nice work!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.