Looking for advice on pool configuration

71Pool

May 8, 2017
Bronx, NY
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and looking for advice on pool configuration/size. We are pricing out fiberglass pools for an indoor pool. I want to get a size and style that will grow with the family. I'm pretty set on a rectangle shape as we want to get an autocover to help with humidity, etc. The big question is really about depth. Should we go with a relatively shallow pool that can be used more for lounging/games or something that goes 8ft deep for diving/jumping. Two pool installers told us we should go shallow as most folks tend to not want deep pools after a while. Just thought I would throw the question out there to see what advice I can get on the subject. Thanks in advance!

it's really up to you in my opinion. i know my builder was glad we stayed at 6 in the deep end cause he said it is the way most of his builds have been moving over the years. said it will really help to save on heating also. again i this it's just a personal preference. i know i can count on my 1 hand how many times i have dove into a pool since i was a kid. but that's just me.

8 feet is really not even deep enough to dive in ... especially if you were thinking of having a board.

It really is a personal choice as said above. Our pool happened to have a very large area that is pretty shallow (almost too shallow) but works great for the kids to jump around in and the adults can just kneel and float. But the other end is ~8 feet deep with a board and slide ... during parties, the kids are constantly lined up to jump off the board or go down the slide. If this pool was built today (I think it is from the 70s), I do not think either the slide or board would be allowed due to the pool shape and depth profile.

We are not getting a board given all the liability issues, but a slide may be something to look at! I think it is cool when a net is put across a pool, but if one side is 3ft and the other is 6-8ft, I think it would be difficult to play any team sports. Just trying to think through all the possible uses before proceeding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.