Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool cover "flatness"?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool cover "flatness"?

I spend about 15 minutes every time we pull the solar cover back on trying to flatten out all the air bubbles. Am I wasting my time? Does it really matter? Is my OCD hanging out again??
    New owner of an old in ground 18x36 rectangle pool. Solar heater, sand filter, pretty basic!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool cover "flatness"?

Welcome to TFP!

I stopped trying to do that after about 4-1/2 minutes the first time I out my cover on last spring. My pool is 89 degrees. Put your ocd back in your test kit.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

LOL! Just trying to squeeze every tenth of a degree out of the cold Michigan springs and falls! I should spend that 15 minutes drinking a beer I guess.
    New owner of an old in ground 18x36 rectangle pool. Solar heater, sand filter, pretty basic!

4. Back To Top    #4

That is a good goal! Warm water is better.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach