Free chlorine - 2.0
Combined - .20
PH - 7.3
TA - 110
Hardness - 120
CYA - 20
Salt - 3400
Saturation - .6
I did get a purple endpoint on hardness test. The pool was finished last October, just in time for winter. I have no experience with balancing a pool. How does it look?

Purple/Indigo is a midpoint on the CH test. You should've kept going to sky blue. But it's not critical; odds are it's 150ish and that's fine for a vinyl pool. You're certainly not pushing the limits where you need to worry about scale.

That said... CYA needs to come up and so does FC. But first a question for you: How does the water look? Nobody but us cares about the test results. The rest of the world wants crystal clear water that doesn't smell or burn their eyes. What you do next depends on how that water looks.

Clear and no algae, raise CYA to 70 and target 5 FC. You ought to do that with bleach, because it may take the SWG a few days to get it up there with so little UV protection due to low CYA.

Murky, cloudy, or green anywhere: raise CYA to 30 for now and SLAM Process.

I would break it up into two partial doses in case
1) The pool isn't as big as you think
2) The current CYA is higher than you think. When it's really low, it's hard to get an accurate reading.

You can certainly split those partial doses up into two socks and run one in each skimmer. They'll take a day or two to completely dissolve, and then give it another day to mix 100% and then see where you are and add the rest.

Don't neglect the bleach, either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.