Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Has my Bullfrog CROAKED?? Photos attached

1. Back To Top    #1

Has my Bullfrog CROAKED?? Photos attached

We purchased this tub in August of 2015 and the shell has warped terribly. I'm headed to the dealer tomorrow with photos to discuss...but wanted to see if anybody here has experienced this issue?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pool Completed 8/2015 18'x36' Gemini shape 3.5' - 8', 19,200 gal IG vinyl, Hayward Max-Flo 1.5 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward Pro Series 300-lb sand filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG, NO Autofill, Dolphin M400 robot, Taylor 2005 test kit, 434 gal Bullfrog A7L spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Has my Bullfrog CROAKED?? Photos attached

That's just wild looking. Gradual thing or kinda all of a sudden? Good luck.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Did something run into it? Almost looks like the paint is damaged in a way that would lead me to believe something hit it.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

4. Back To Top    #4

What is that blue mark? I agree almost looks like a collision.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

No collision at all. Nothing has hit the tub.

It has gotten slowly worse over the last several months. Very gradual. I have been meaning to get back to the dealer to have them take a look, but honestly am dreading the response. My fear is that the dealer will blame our contractor that did the deck work, and the contractor will of course deny that his work wasn't level, etc.

We had all this done at the same time - the pool build, and the concrete deck was done and the pad for the spa was poured specifically for the dimensions of the spa. And I stressed to the crew that it HAD to be level. I really don't think it's the concrete. They did a beautiful job. (In my non-concrete-professional opinion.)

I have searched and searched online for what may have caused this and can't find anything. At this point I am REALLY hoping Bullfrog stands behind their product - because somebody had to be taking a serious coffee break when they made this particular tub!
    Pool Completed 8/2015 18'x36' Gemini shape 3.5' - 8', 19,200 gal IG vinyl, Hayward Max-Flo 1.5 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward Pro Series 300-lb sand filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG, NO Autofill, Dolphin M400 robot, Taylor 2005 test kit, 434 gal Bullfrog A7L spa

6. Back To Top    #6

Could be some crazy optics are reflecting and focusing the sun off of windows and over heating the plastic? Kind of a stretch , but things like that have happened off building before.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Oh wow! I didn't even think about that. Our pool area is in full sun all day. And it does sit to the side of our house...several windows...

I go back to talk to the GM tomorrow morning. Will post back after that...

8. Back To Top    #8

Met with the dealer where we purchased the spa and I feel really good about it. I was there less than 10 minutes. As soon as he saw the photos he said "Whoa! That's not how that should look!" He is going to forward the photos and my spa info to Bullfrog and he said that "as long as they approve it under warranty you'll get a new spa."

To be continued.....

9. Back To Top    #9

No grill or external heat source parked next to it? Is the wharpage just on the one side?
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    No grill or external heat source parked next to it? Is the wharpage just on the one side?

Nope - it sits all by itself. The warp is the worst on the side where the control is, but the other sides are starting to warp as well.

11. Back To Top    #11

Does the skirt of your spa cover fully cover the acrylic? This looks like warping due to heat. I'd make sure your skirt is long enough and isn't getting stuck underneath the tub lip when closed.

If you have a infrared thermometer, I would shoot it at the side of the tub on a warm, sunny day. I hope things work out for you with such a new tub.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs02 View Post
    Does the skirt of your spa cover fully cover the acrylic? This looks like warping due to heat. If you have a infrared thermometer, I would shoot it at the side of the tub on a warm, sunny day.

Yes - the skirt of the cover is completely covering the acrylic - even now that the warping has occurred. I don't have the thermometer you mentioned...might have to check Amazon!

13. Back To Top    #13

Heard back from our salesman today - Bullfrog is replacing our spa. He apologized - his sales rep actually had the replacement approved from the warranty department within 48 hours of seeing the photos I sent - but our salesman forgot to let us know that.

Couldn't be happier about the results!

14. Back To Top    #14

They gonna let ya' keep the old one for parts and such maybe? Good job by YOU!