Vari-flow valve, gasket adhesive question

May 17, 2009
NC
Hi all,

I am going to change my SP-710X32 "vari-flow" filter control valve, "valve seat" gasket. Should I use adhesive? like some automotive RTV sealant? I changed it when I first started getting my pool up and running about a month ago. I did not use any sealant or adhesive, just cleaned it up and put it in place. Now it seems to be leaking, so I'm gonna try a new gasket. Also, should I lube the top of the gasket, where the moving face of the valve contacts the rubber gasket?

Thanks, in advance!!!

Axel

No need to lube the gasket. A few drops of super glue will hold it in place very well, just be sure not to over do it. When I say a few drops I mean maybe 5. Much more than that and getting it out next time will be quite the PITA.

I got the gasket out in one peice, and cleaned it up real good. The lever/spring mechanism was seized, meaning the spring pressure was not really pushing it back down hard enough to seal (I think). So I lubed and worked the spring and lever assy over an over to loosen it up. Then I put it all back together to see if it will seal without leaking. I'll leave the pump running over night and check for water loss in the morning.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.