Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Piping fittings

1. Back To Top    #1

Piping fittings

Plan on asking my installer to take out the frog system today and he may or may not balk at the additional pipe work as his plumbing guy likely won't be back to the site. Looking at Home Depot today in case I have to do the work, I could not find any of the o-ring fittings for my system as shown below. Is this specialty stuff? Thanks for any help.

16' x 34' Irregular IG vinyl, ~18K gal, Hayward S210T Sand Filter, Hayward 1HP Single Speed pump, AquaCal SQ125 Heat Pump, TF-100 Test

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Piping fittings

Quote Originally Posted by jbb2388 View Post
    Plan on asking my installer to take out the frog system today and he may or may not balk at the additional pipe work as his plumbing guy likely won't be back to the site. Looking at Home Depot today in case I have to do the work, I could not find any of the o-ring fittings for my system as shown below. Is this specialty stuff? Thanks for any help.

Those are unions. As long as you can find a match plumbing in a straight piece of pipe will be a cinch.
    30K? gal (20x40, 3ft shallow to 8-9ft hopper), Vinyl IG, single speed 1HP pump, Hayward Micro Clear DE-3600 filter, Hayward Aqua Rite SWG T15 Cell, Rheem/Raypack M206A heater

3. Back To Top    #3

That looks like a standard PVC union. Unfortunately, while there is a standard for the slip-fit glued end, the O-rings and threads may not interchange with another brand, so good luck there.

Homewerks Worldwide 1-1/2 in. PVC Slip x Slip Union-511-14-112-112H - The Home Depot
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, that could be the problem.....finding them. I expected it to be a cinch until I could not find any similar unions.
    16' x 34' Irregular IG vinyl, ~18K gal, Hayward S210T Sand Filter, Hayward 1HP Single Speed pump, AquaCal SQ125 Heat Pump, TF-100 Test

5. Back To Top    #5

Couldn't you just leave the dispenser plumbed and run it without any chemicals?

6. Back To Top    #6

Usually the fittings have some sort of branding molded into them. If you can determine that, it shouldn't too hard to find that manufacturer and then find an online seller.

Hard to tell from the picture, but, is that a threaded fitting into the chemical doser? if so, unthread the glued portion of the union and fit in a pipe with the 1 1/2" female threads on each end.
    ~john
    24.5K G, pebble, SuperFlo VS 1.5, 48sq DE filter, Hayward H250FDN, Autopilot RC-52, Poolvergnuegen & 3 daily swimmers in season.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Have him ask the plumbing guy where he buys his stuff. Then you can buy two more unions and connect with a straight piece of pipe. Should be an easy ask. Most plumbing companies use the same shops.