Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finally signed up :-)

1. Back To Top    #1

Finally signed up :-)

Hi All,

I've been benefiting from the forum since I built my pool in 2012. I have recently emptied, chlorine washed, acid-washed, re-filled and re-opened my pool - I'm back to a beautiful pool. Looking to be a little better about keeping the pH in check (going to add borates soon to help with that) to keep down the scaling and algae blooms.

I've learned a lot from the forums and am working on getting my levels to the recommended levels for SWG. Thank you to all the experts who have posted over the years!

Currently at
    FC: 6
    pH: 7.5
    TA: 70
    CH: 200 (needs to come up - though it always does in AZ)
    CYA: 35 (working on bringing it up slowly to ~70)
    Temp: 75 (will climb pretty quickly over the next week or so)
    Salt: 2950
    Borate: 0
    PoolCalc calculated CSI: -0.52 (a little aggressive)

20170507_182701.jpg
    2012-built 30k gal in-ground gunite pool w/ pebble finish. 2 main drains, skimmer, 4 returns - all 2" PVC lines.
    Pentair EasyTouch 4Fn, Intelliflo Variable Speed, C&C+ 520 w/ Pleatco (2017), IC60 (2017), Poolvernuegen 4-wheel suction side, auto-fill tied to hard water (for now). Taylor K2006-C test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Finally signed up :-)

Hello and welcome to TFP! Beautiful looking pool you have there. It will come-in handy very shortly Great to have you with us (officially).
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! Good to be here.
    2012-built 30k gal in-ground gunite pool w/ pebble finish. 2 main drains, skimmer, 4 returns - all 2" PVC lines.
    Pentair EasyTouch 4Fn, Intelliflo Variable Speed, C&C+ 520 w/ Pleatco (2017), IC60 (2017), Poolvernuegen 4-wheel suction side, auto-fill tied to hard water (for now). Taylor K2006-C test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome outta Lurkerville!

Let your pH come up to 7.8 or so and see if that is enough to get it closer to -0.3. It probably wants to be 7.8 anyway.

Looking good!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks pooldv

I'll do that.