Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool party

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool party

Hi everyone,

I'm having a pool party for my son this weekend and the headcount is up to 30 kids.

Just wanted to get an idea of adjustments I should make to the water chemistry for the increase in the amount of people in the pool.

Most recent test results as follows:

CYA - 80
    FC - 5
    TA - 90
    Calc - 250
    PH - 7.5
    Salt - 4000

Thanks

15,000 Gal IG Pool | Autopilot SWG | Baracuda G3
    Filter Cartridge
    Taylor TF 100 Test kit
    A O Smith USQ1102 1hp single speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pool party

I'd be tempted to get some bleach and boost FC to the high "normal" target for a non-saltwater pool. At CYA 80 that's FC11. This will give you plenty of buffer to handle all of the sunscreen, sweat, bacteria/viruses, dirt/grass, and pee that pool is going to encounter with 30 kids. FC11 will be completely safe, and will give you lots of room for the chlorine to kill things. If it's a prolonged party, you might do a quick FC test while the kids are eating or doing something outside of the pool and readjust if needed.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

3. Back To Top    #3

Yep. Boost the FC with some bleach, crank the SWG to max, and hope for the best. When the last one has left, test and add more bleach if you need to. The water may look murky, but of you leave the filter on, it'll clear up. If you don't already own a scumball, you might want to pick one up. It will absorb any lotions or sunscreens floating on the surface. It'll find its way into the skimmer so nobody should see it and play with it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks. I'll shoot for FC of 11.

Never heard of scumball before. Is it usually sold at the local pool store?

15,000 Gal IG Pool | Autopilot SWG | Baracuda G3
    Filter Cartridge
    Taylor TF 100 Test kit
    A O Smith USQ1102 1hp single speed pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Dustballs View Post
    Thanks. I'll shoot for FC of 11.

Never heard of scumball before. Is it usually sold at the local pool store?
    Yes.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

30 kids? LOL, I'd be looking for chemicals having nothing to do with the pool myself!!! Sounds like a fun party for the kids though. I recall about that many for my birthday pool party each year when I was a kid, and one of the few pools in the area, so everyone always enjoyed it
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

amazon has them....i think they are usually listed as a hot tub accessory and called scumbug.

I do that too whenever a bunch of guests will be over. max fc level for cya
    then test and add if needed after everyone leaves. works great.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.