Good morning with great results...
FC 7.5
pH 7.5
TA 70
CH 300
CYA 50
CSI -0.18
Temp 89

Last night my FC was at 5.5 so added enough (or so I thought) bleach to hit my target of 8 and came up just a little short. I'm very happy with results...

Good morning, Cliff! You should be happy with those results. Your pool is lovin' you back!!

Wow! Only 3 weeks with the pool filled, and you're doing awesome!!!

I hear bands playing, crowds cheering, fireworks overhead..... all for Cliff! You're making TFP so very proud!!

Suz :sun:

- - - Updated - - -

Good morning with great results...
FC 7.5
pH 7.5
TA 70
CH 300
CYA 50
CSI -0.18
Temp 89

Last night my FC was at 5.5 so added enough (or so I thought) bleach to hit my target of 8 and came up just a little short. I'm very happy with results...

BTW, a result of 7.5 with a target of 8? I'd call that 'in the window', not short at all.

Happy Sunday...
FC 7.5
pH 7.8
TA 60
CH 300
CYA 30
CSI 0.11
Temp 91

So I ran a full test of everything and a couple of things stand out...
CYA dropped to 30 (it has been 9 days since I added stabilizer and I think I tested too soon so previous readings were bad) so should I push it up since SWG will be turned on in about 12 days?
TA dropped a little but not so sure I should do anything?

Thanks for the advice...

Sod is in and just a few odds and ends left along with plants to go in. What a process and once we get past a few days of really soggy grass the kids and Charlee will have there yard with no thorns, stickers or cactus popping up...sooooo happy right about now!
IMG_3525.jpg
IMG_3526.jpg
IMG_3527.jpg
IMG_3528.jpg
IMG_3532.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Kim...

Just know that when you push your CYA up you will need to increase your FC as well. I will leave the timing up to you.

You are doing an awesome job and it really looks like you have it dialed in!

Kim:kim:

Heavy rains last night which was excellent for the new sod...this morning I found 4 frogs and 1 big field rat so I scooped them all up to go play somewhere else. My FC was down to 3.5 so I bumped it up to the 8 range and pH tested at 7.5.

I did start working on raising my CYA up from 30 with an initial target of 40. I will wait until Wednesday to test along with full test on other numbers as well. My thought process is to raise CYA slowly in prep for the SWG and my target will be 70-80 range. Any suggestions to the contrary is welcomed here...

Your plan sounds good to me. Let's see what others say.

If you get tired of scooping out critters, get the frog logs. I especially don't like finding them dead in my skimmers. I put one in front (circulation wise) of each skimmer. I've read that the little guys swim and swim around the perimeter trying to find a way out or get pulled into the skimmers. They can't make it over the coping, but the frog log is perfect.

I'm pretty sure the price has gone up since I bought 2 years ago - must be popular. Worth it to me, especially for snakes.

Swimline 70200SL FrogLog Critter Saving Escape Ramp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004UHY2TY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_pCFDzbPM9TBKV

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You have a good, solid plan for your levels! Nice job!

We have a pet ramp but with us having an above ground pool we don't get as many critters as you in ground people do. I did find one bat. I am guessing one of the cats knocked it out of the sky, into the pool.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim...no critters today...

- - - Updated - - -

Much appreciated Foxy...

Beautiful, congrats!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Jim...its a blessing and a curse! The heavy rain washed up part of my sod and its too wet to move back into place...

looks awesome man! i wish i had that much room left behind my pool! i got like 14 feet! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Ok pooldv I will push to 60 until SWG goes in and then push to 80 after turn on. Did I get this right??

Go all the way to 80, you'll need it in this heat.

If its not one thing its another...look what the rain did to the very back area of my newly coded lawn :mad: :(
IMG_3538.jpg
IMG_3541.jpg

Any suggestions...

Oh no!!! First call the company that put down the sod. Surely, they have seen this happen before.

Then research. I'll help.

I don't know how much sod was displaced. If it was few enough, I would try to slide something under the bigger sections to move back into place. Maybe a 4-pronged pitchfork.... A snow shovel? I'm thinking.... A hand truck is my best friend when moving heavy things. If it's the open type like mine, I place a piece of plywood over the side frames.

Jim?! Oh Ji-em!!!

I was on it yesterday! I'll let him tell u aboutche con tractor on his own but I said to have whoever stake it down with the curved stakes from lowes for edging or the thick plastics black ones they have. I said keep it wet! Try to get them all flat as possible so they don't burn.

I too would start moving them myself.

I dont know how how he made out yet?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.