Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Difference between Touch of Glass and Puerto Rican Blend?

1. Back To Top    #1

Difference between Touch of Glass and Puerto Rican Blend?

Hi there - Is there a difference between Stonescapes Touch of Glass and Puerto Rican Blend? The website makes it seem like there is a difference (Puerto Rican blend has maybe smaller glass beads?), but I have a sample that says "Aqua Blue with Touch of Glass, Puerto Rican Blend", which makes it seems like it it combined. The pool supply guy that gave me the sample said Touch of Glass was the new name for Puerto Rican blend, but when I called to clarify, someone said they were two different products. I sure like the look of the sample I have, but am signed up for just mini pebble and am not sure I want to spend extra $$.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Difference between Touch of Glass and Puerto Rican Blend?

Quote Originally Posted by TXSlater View Post
    Hi there - Is there a difference between Stonescapes Touch of Glass and Puerto Rican Blend? The website makes it seem like there is a difference (Puerto Rican blend has maybe smaller glass beads?), but I have a sample that says "Aqua Blue with Touch of Glass, Puerto Rican Blend", which makes it seems like it it combined. The pool supply guy that gave me the sample said Touch of Glass was the new name for Puerto Rican blend, but when I called to clarify, someone said they were two different products. I sure like the look of the sample I have, but am signed up for just mini pebble and am not sure I want to spend extra $$.
    Your confusion is justified.

Best that I have been able to gather, there is a difference. The Blend has smaller glass beads.

Whatever the case, with each glass bead product, you are just buying a recipe and the requisite number of bags for that recipe.

The recipe assumes that the beads will be added to the plaster when it is mixed. In part, that accounts for the significant surcharge since there are more beads than will appear on the surface.

The alternative is to make your own recipe and have the installers handcart the beads on the surface.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Difference between Touch of Glass and Puerto Rican Blend?

I will be watching this thread closely. I have posted the same question on my build thread and I was confused cause they sound almost identical in the description.
    I hope someone who has these comes by for clarification and also post pictures.
    I'm doing the beads but not sure which one and I might add shells as well to get the desired look

current build<--free form gunite 34x21 18k gallons 4ft-7ft deep,Pentair 3HP VSP, wisperflo 2hp, 520 cartridge filter, 400k heater, ez touch 8 with screen logic, ic40 swg. 4ft sheer decent, 2 led deck jets, 5 globrite leds,rock spa waterfall. Mocha travertine deck, noche coping. Tropics blue custom mix with LOTS of beads and shells