Air leak questions...

reef n ale

LifeTime Supporter
Hi all!

This has been happening since my pool was new(July 2008). Air bubbles coming from the returns. The kicker is that it's intermittent, about 10 minutes of bubbles then 10 minutes of no bubbles. My builder hasn't found the problem, although they haven't REALLY tried(that's another story, lol!!).

Any initial thoughts? Questions for me?

Thanks!!!

Rob

Any air in the pump basket? If so it is a suction side air leak.

Do you have a SWG? If so, it will produce very tiny air bubbles when operating.

I can see a few very small bubbles in the basket, but not many at all. I do have a SWG, but I can't imagine the amount of bubbles I'm seeing come from that, but maybe they do. That would make sense with the cell turning on and off. I could try turning it off for a good amount of time and see if they stop. I'll check on that.

I was thinking, if it seems possible, that a small air leak was was accumulating somewhere, then I see bubbles, then they would stop until it builds up again somewhere in the system(like the filter, or something).

I don't know! lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.