Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please Help! Deck Questions! Show me your pics of your AG pool/deck area

1. Back To Top    #1

Please Help! Deck Questions! Show me your pics of your AG pool/deck area

We had our above ground pool put in 5 years ago. We building a deck off of our house to go out to the pool. We can not decide if we should run the boards to be flush with, go above or go below the side of the pool. Can anyone please, please, please give us your opinions on this. I would love to see photos if you have any.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please Help! Deck Questions! Show me your pics of your AG pool/deck area

This may give you an idea. Deck meets pool 9" below top rail. It's basically extended off a smaller existing deck on the house and pool is buried 2 feet. Decking over top rail will make it a pain to change liners, but personal preferences and whatever please YOUR eye. Just built that pool side bench hanging over the top rail so the ladies can dangle their tootsies in it.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

This is such a great idea!!! I am worried about covering the pool or changing the liner if we put it over the top of the rails. I am such a visual person. Your photo was very helpful.

4. Back To Top    #4

Anyone else have any recommendations or photos to share 😀 I would love to see more.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm also interested in seeing photos!! Hoping for a Friday install myself.
    15'x30'x52” 12K gallon Wilbar Discovery/Innovation Resin AGP buried 2’ w/ wood deck. Hard plumbed Pentair 1.5HP 2SP Dynamo pump, Pentair SD40 sand filter, Pentair iCHLOR 30 SWG
    500 gallon spa w/ ozonator using Dichlor/chlorine. TF-100, Taylor K-1766, & Speedstir. Dolphin S100 "Flóki". My 2017 Build Thread
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool Supporter! // AmazonSmile: You shop. Amazon gives.

6. Back To Top    #6

I can't help personally but have you gone on Pinterest as searched "above ground pool decking" to see lots of photos as ideas? Also, Google the same thing and click on "images" results to just see pics. It likely won't tell you the pros and cons like woodyp's post did, but it will provide lots of visual examples. Good luck!
    37.5x17' 19.5k gal Shotcrete 3.5-7' w/sunshelf, 18" 7' spa with stone, Stonescapes Tropics Blue w/iridescent mini glass beads and abalone, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, Swimclear cartridge 200 sq ft, 40k SWG, Pro Logic automation, 3 Colorlogic lights (2 in pool, 1 in spa), 2 LED bubblers, 4' LED sheer decent on raised wall, Hayward 400k BTU heater, 1500 sq ft Silver Travertine French pattern deck, Lightstream tile, 34x56 Mansard screen cage

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

In case you haven't seen this thread on TFP. There are more using the the search bar at the top of this page.

Good pictures and discussions of the different deck types. Be sure to click the link in post #26 on page 2.
    Planning deck..any lessons learned to share
    Suz~Cypress/Houston area~ My 2015 Pool Build. 24K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy; color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. TF-100, SpeedStir