Intel 16x32x52 rectangle agp sunk in ground

Windylou

Silver Supporter
May 11, 2017
Groveton, Tx
I'm wanting to sink our 16x32x52 rectangle intex ultra frame agp about 2.5 feet into ground. I've researched & I think building a retaining wall will work. My question is how do you create a drain so that rain won't fill up the hole around the pool. We're going to put a deck around it but probably about a month after we get the pool up. Any suggestions & pics are welcome, I can't find a lot of info on these pools.

You might find some inspiration in this thread.
attachment.php

You'd need to install gravel in a french drain that leads off somewhere lower than the pool. If you google

Thanks, that is mine. It is built on a slope, so drainage was not a major issue. I just constructed a simple french drain across the diagonal of the base, see pic below.

If you are putting yours in a pit, drainage becomes critical. You must make sure the base is well drained and you must have a french drain away from the pit to a dry well, a ditch, sewer or wherever you want to dispose of the water.

To build a well drained base, you need to dig 10-12" deeper than you want, put down geotextile and add 10-12" of crushed stone/macadam of a suitable quality. Compact the macadam properly (at least 3-4 passes) with a plate compactor and place the pavers for the support legs. Use a laser transit or a water level to make sure the pavers are exactly level.
Add foam, sand, gorillapad or whatever you want to use as a pool floor and erect the pool. If you use sand, put a second layer of geotextile between sand and macadam.

The french drain should be placed at the side of the pit that points to the natural flow of rainwater.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 89
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.