Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intel 16x32x52 rectangle agp sunk in ground

1. Back To Top    #1

Intel 16x32x52 rectangle agp sunk in ground

I'm wanting to sink our 16x32x52 rectangle intex ultra frame agp about 2.5 feet into ground. I've researched & I think building a retaining wall will work. My question is how do you create a drain so that rain won't fill up the hole around the pool. We're going to put a deck around it but probably about a month after we get the pool up. Any suggestions & pics are welcome, I can't find a lot of info on these pools.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intel 16x32x52 rectangle agp sunk in ground

You might find some inspiration in this thread.

You'd need to install gravel in a french drain that leads off somewhere lower than the pool. If you google
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok, I'll google that. Very nice set up, I'm hoping ours will look that good when all is done.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, that is mine. It is built on a slope, so drainage was not a major issue. I just constructed a simple french drain across the diagonal of the base, see pic below.

If you are putting yours in a pit, drainage becomes critical. You must make sure the base is well drained and you must have a french drain away from the pit to a dry well, a ditch, sewer or wherever you want to dispose of the water.

To build a well drained base, you need to dig 10-12" deeper than you want, put down geotextile and add 10-12" of crushed stone/macadam of a suitable quality. Compact the macadam properly (at least 3-4 passes) with a plate compactor and place the pavers for the support legs. Use a laser transit or a water level to make sure the pavers are exactly level.
    Add foam, sand, gorillapad or whatever you want to use as a pool floor and erect the pool. If you use sand, put a second layer of geotextile between sand and macadam.

The french drain should be placed at the side of the pit that points to the natural flow of rainwater.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intex Ultra Frame 24'x12'x52" (732cm x 366cm) rectangular pool
    Intex SF80220RC (1600 GPH) pump/sandfilter
    Intex SF10220 (1050 GPH) pump/sandfilter driving the
    Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner
    Intex 8220 ECO SWG, Brilix XHP100 9kW heatpump

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks so much. The drainage is stressing me out. With it being in a pit, I'm thinking about doing the dry well bc there's no where to slip it down to since it