Intel 22x52 build , was a package review thread

patrick762

Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2017
Mount Clare, WV
Hello All.

I have been researching packages and comparing what is offered to what has been recommended here. I'll add a solar cover and will buy a solar heating panel system. no plans for a deck this year, that will wait until next year. Any advice or experience with this company is appreciated.

I came across MGK pools. They have pools MFG by buster crabbie and the guy has put together a few models.

I have been looking at the Lamark Edge.

It comes with the following (and you can further customize):

Standard Hayward Skimmer package with through-wall return, gaskets, face-plates, hardware, and vacuum plate adapter, plus additional butterfly gaskets.

Brighton Prism full print beaded liner

2 Speed, 1 horse power (HP) pump with unicel 100sq ft cartridge

It comes with a 30 foot vacuum hose, vacuum head, service pole hooks (service pole not included), test strips for checking chemical levels, a hand brush, frog thermometer, Leaf net, service brush, and fine debris skimmer
Confer 7200 security ladder

Shipped price is $2621

its also available with aluminum wall for $2821

I plan to install it myself.

I've compared to these and keep coming back to the Lamark Edge:

24'x52" Saltwater 5000 Round Pool$1,747.00

Hayward Thru-Wall Skimmer & Return Fitting $0.00

24'x52" Round Uni-Bead Catalina Liner - 25 Gauge $175.00

AquaPro 120 SQ. FT. Cartridge Filter System 1.5-HP 2-Speed Pump 2 Year Warranty $459.00

Confer Roll-Guard A-Frame Safety Ladder $199.00

Leaf Net Skimmer & 4-12' Telescopic Pole $29.99

$2609.99 @ the pool factory

Sharkline Matrix 24 x 54" Round Above Ground Swimming Pool $1,669.99

Swimline LI2454ASU Unibead 24' Round All Swirl Above Ground Pool Liner, 54 in. Depth $268.99

Waterway ClearWater II 100 sq. ft. Cartridge Filter and 1-1/2HP Single Speed Pump Combo $474.99

PoolSupplyWorld A-Frame Above Ground Pool Ladder $174.99

$2,588.96 @ pool supply world

24'x52" Saltwater 5000 Round Pool $1,747.00

Hayward Thru-Wall Skimmer & Return Fitting
$0.00

24'x52" Round Uni-Bead Catalina Liner - 25 Gauge
$175.00

AquaPro 120 SQ. FT. Cartridge Filter System 1.5-HP 2-Speed Pump 2 Year Warranty
$459.00

Confer Roll-Guard A-Frame Safety Ladder
$199.00

Leaf Net Skimmer & 4-12' Telescopic Pole

Re: 24ft round above ground - package review please

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I don't have any experience with any of those brands, but wanted to point out a couple things:

A 24' pool is about 13500 gallons ... the minimum cartridge filter I would suggest for that is 200 sqft ... all those you posted seem way too small. You can't go too large on a cartridge filter.
And a 1HP 2-speed pump is plenty big ... although with solar panel plans, if you are going to the roof, the 1.5HP would not hurt, but not likely needed.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I don't have any experience with any of those brands, but wanted to point out a couple things:

A 24' pool is about 13500 gallons ... the minimum cartridge filter I would suggest for that is 200 sqft ... all those you posted seem way too small. You can't go too large on a cartridge filter.
And a 1HP 2-speed pump is plenty big ... although with solar panel plans, if you are going to the roof, the 1.5HP would not hurt, but not likely needed.

ahh, excellent info. so, ill look into a larger filter with any package, as as for the roof, no way...its too high and too far away! ha! i'll more than likely build a support structure for them eventually to get them off the ground and make a shady spot :)

From what I have seen, the equipment packages are not usually very good ... always a pump that is too big and/or a filter that is too small. You can buy the components separately and get exactly what you want.

From what I have seen, the equipment packages are not usually very good ... always a pump that is too big and/or a filter that is too small. You can buy the components separately and get exactly what you want.

it does indeed look that way as im setting here doing more research.

i'm open to any filter system, cart, sand, DE...
the choices are overwhelming...what would you recommend in the $500 range?

I wouldn't have the first clue about anything specific to recommend. I haven't done the shopping. Look for a 1 horsepower 2 speed pump like a power Flo Matrix and then either a cartridge filter at least 200 square feet or later I can suggest other types of filter sizes as well.

You have been doing some shopping for sure! There are SO many choices it makes it hard.

Here is what I looked for when I was shopping:

-resin everything-bottom rail, top rail, uprights, wall caps

-aluminum wall

-large filter

-2 speed pump

Beyond that I ignored as I knew I would be getting it on my own.

So with that in mind sit down with a several sheets of paper and write the "store" name at the top and pick the size you are going with and start writing down the prices of the things that are permanent like the walls, rails, ect. and compare costs making sure to pick like items from each company.

I can't wait to see what you decide after you do this.

Kim:kim:

If ya' go sand filter, you'll need a 22" or so 250 lb. one. And as with the cartridge type----bigger is still better. Mine does fine on the same gallon sized pool.

You have been doing some shopping for sure! There are SO many choices it makes it hard.

Here is what I looked for when I was shopping:

-resin everything-bottom rail, top rail, uprights, wall caps

-aluminum wall

-large filter

-2 speed pump

Beyond that I ignored as I knew I would be getting it on my own.

So with that in mind sit down with a several sheets of paper and write the "store" name at the top and pick the size you are going with and start writing down the prices of the things that are permanent like the walls, rails, ect. and compare costs making sure to pick like items from each company.

I can't wait to see what you decide after you do this.

i cant wait to see what comes out of this quest myself!

thanks everyone for the input. much appreciated.

i had a serious change of direction.

i decided to go with an Intex 22' x 52" Ultra Frame from Walmart. paid 20 bux for freight delivery :)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-22-x-52-Ultra-Frame-Above-Ground-Swimming-Pool-with-Filter-Pump/47215826

im going to upgrade the pump and use the pump that comes with it as a stand alone for a diy solar heating system with a solar controller.

ill order some game adapters or make my own.

what i will spend will be 1/4 the cost of my original plan if i do the site prep /electrical/install myself and the kids still have a 22 ft pool to enjoy.

i think ill start a build thread to document progress and for feedback.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Talk about a change BUT this will also show if you really want a pool.

We can help show you how easy it is to care for!

Please go ahead and order a test kit. That will pay for it's self fast!

Talk about a change BUT this will also show if you really want a pool.

We can help show you how easy it is to care for!

Please go ahead and order a test kit. That will pay for it's self fast!

yep, test kit is priority #1. and you are exactly correct... wr want to make sure we use it. and if we do we'll save up for an aqua sport perhaps

so im thinking these mats would be nice under the pool. the black side is smooth.
sam's club has them.
09b91215308f161c32a06dae6f1be49e.jpg
485e745f9926dfd7a7b452ad2877e13b.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.