Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stabilizer for Salt Water Pool's

1. Back To Top    #1

Stabilizer for Salt Water Pool's

I see they sell a Salt Water Stabilizer.What's the difference in just using reg Stabilizer?Thinking this is just another money maker.lol..Sorry if I put in wrong section.Please move if needed.
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stabilizer for Salt Water Pool's

Stabilizer is stabilizer. Its all the same when it goes in the water. Dont let em take your money!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hampstead, NC, transitioning to Perfection, NC

It's like the difference between Swimming Pool Salt and water softener salt....$2.00 per bag.
    16X32 AB, Pentair SD filter, 3/4hp Pentair Optiflo, CircuPool RJ30+ swg, TF 100, 19 X 37 igv, Pentair filter, 1hp Pentair Superflo pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

It's the same difference as Alkalinity Increaser versus Baking Soda: higher profit margin.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

$10 more than reg.lol.No worries about me wasting my money.Got'a stop by WallyWorld and pick up a jug tomorrow.Happen to run across it on Lowe's site.Got'a love the review's of clueless people.lol
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I saw something similar last year from BioGuard. They had their usual 6lbs container of Stabilizer-100 (100% CYA) and another bottle of Saltscapes SunShield Stabilizer for salt water pools....also 100% CYA but about $10 more....I guess the nicer looking bottle is worth the extra money so it's easier on the eye for those poor fellows working the recycle garbage truck
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

7. Back To Top    #7

I use clorox stabilizer from walmart. Cheapest stabilizer I could find.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Just about ever pool chemical brand has a "saltwater" version of their chemicals. They are almost always exactly the same except in smaller containers and priced higher. Reminds me of the individually wrapped "microwavable" potatoes.

JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath

9. Back To Top    #9

It's like the grocery store asking you if the baking soda you are buying is for a swimming pool, and then tripling the price if you say yes!
    SWG: CircuPool (5/2018) Universal 40; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006 Last Circupool SI30+ 4 years RIP.

10. Back To Top    #10

You have to admit it is a really nice looking bottle though!
    20x40 28kgal in-ground vinyl built 2011, liner replaced 2017
    Pentair Tagelus TA60D sand filter, Pentair SuperFlow 1HP pump, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Dolphin Active 30i
    City water, TF-100 test kit + speedstir.
    Recommended Levels | Chlorine/CYA Chart | SLAM