Borates and human health

Chemnut

In The Industry
Apr 5, 2017
Maine
Curious if any one on here has any concerns about borates/boric acid and the determination of many countries health boards determination that over exposure can lead to developmental and reproductive health issues?

Re: Borates and human health

Curious if any one on here has any concerns about borates/boric acid and the determination of many countries health boards determination that over exposure can lead to developmental and reproductive health issues?

Feh.... my reproductive years are over (Thankeeejeeuz!) and if I develop any strange quirks I probably wont remember if I used borates.

Seriously though....got any citations for this?

Maddie :flower:

Richards post is dated. Y'all might wanna check out recent research. A little gain for fighting ph rise along with more sparkly water? Risk is unnecessary. I love this site because it promotes minimalism. Stop trying to chase a ph of 8 down to 7.2.

We're all for data. Do you have any references to recent research?

By the way, when I read Richard's post I took it as there was no data at that time regarding effects of borates in humans, but the guidelines were that if a child consumes even a small amount of pool water with 50ppm borates that there is potential negative effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.