Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leak pvc joint

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Leak pvc joint

I have a leak. I was loosing water and had a pool company pressure test my lines. They made some repairs near the skimmers. A few days later, I noticed a new above ground leak where the main return line connects to the Polaris plumbing. At first it was a tiny drop every few seconds and now it is a constant dribble. I want to try tightening the connection with a wrench to eliminate the leak, but don't want to twist it the wrong way. I can't seem to find this exact fitting online to see which way it turns. Thanks!

Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

2. Back To Top    #2

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Leak pvc joint

Maybe just an optical illusion in your pic, but that gasket sure looks like its compressed on one side and fatter on the other. If so, its possible that fitting is either broken or cross threaded. Id personally wrench is out and take a good look at it and the threads before just giving it another turn.

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Leak pvc joint

Zodiac Quick Connect Install Kit - R0617100 - INYOPools.com

This is the kit I recommend. It comes with new hose and fittings.

Remove the red clip. Push the collar forward. Pull off the hose. Unscrew the old fitting. Install new fittings and hose.

The new hose kit comes with the new style black fittings, which are way better than the old style white fittings, like you have.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.