Cloudy, cloudy, CLOUDY!

May 10, 2017
New Lenox, IL
First post, my test kit is ordered but won't be in till after the weekend. My pool store's tests are pretty consistent with my homes testing, but I can't test combined chlorine with my existing test. Have shocked with dichlor several times since opening and finally have my combined chlorine at a reasonable level. The pool is still cloudy! Here are my latest results (chlorine high because I shocked yesterday):

Pool Store
ph 7.6
adj alkalinity 60 (I tested TA 80)
chlorine 12.1
total chlorine 12.2
hardness 173
CYA 63
TDS 4200
metals 1

Metals were .9 when I opened the pool, treated for them and cleaned cartridges. Tested at 0 after treating them. Remaining tests all show metals again.

I've been told phosphates are high and I should treat them. However I've read this site and believe that shouldn't be causing my issue.

I'm not sure if I should resort to a clarifier or floc? I'm at my wits end and don't trust the pool stores.

You won't be able to maintain an ACCURATE level of 24 FC which is SLAM value for your CYA until your test kit arrives. Phosphates are not your problem. Clarifier or floc are a waste of time and money at this point. Welcome to the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.