Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outdoor TV help please

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: Outdoor TV help please

Sunbrite 55". Our location is in a more open area

2. Back To Top    #22

I wouldn't assume that it was wetness. I've had a regular tv on a screen porch and a friend has had one on a wall exposed to the elements a with bbq grill cover on it for many years.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #23

I also vote for a regular tv. We had a 42" insignia tv in the gazebo, for 3 years (but only used during season). No issues. At all. The only thing I'd recommend is get a cover like this and use when tv is not in use.
    VIVO Universal Outdoor Waterproof Weather Resistant Flat Screen Cover Protector for 30" to 32" TV (COVER-TV030B) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N48GG9S..._TYdUAbZ3XFHMY

32000gl freeform gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Jandy Sheer Descents || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS6 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Pentair Intellibright LEDs || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 140k BTU heat pump

4. Back To Top    #24

Quote Originally Posted by Brentr View Post
    Yes it weighs about 118 lbs. we had to get our Nextdoor neighbor to help up mount it. He is in the navy and has big muscles. Wish I got an led screen however the 60 inch plasma is nice and the wife likes it too

and the power draw... at least you have an outdoor heater for the winter!
    25,0000 Gal, IG, Kidney/IG Hottub, Crystal Stone Smooth - Carribean Blue, . Pentair EasyTouch 8, Pentair ScreenLogic2, Intelliflo VS 3HP (011018), Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400 Heater, Maytronics Active 30I

5. Back To Top    #25

Quote Originally Posted by Brentr View Post
    Yes it weighs about 118 lbs. we had to get our Nextdoor neighbor to help up mount it. He is in the navy and has big muscles. Wish I got an led screen however the 60 inch plasma is nice and the wife likes it too

I miss those days of mounting plasmas. Still no set can match a pioneer elite but I donít miss the weight. My 60 inch elite weighs 207 lbs. a beast to mount. We just moved it downstairs for my kids to use for gaming and my brother in law hung up on me when I called him to help me move it again! Lol.

He didnít complain when I called for him to help me mount the 27 lb 65 inch OLED though. Lol
    35x23/20 free form gunite 3.5-6 feet water. approx. 20,000 gallons. no spa or water features. 2 skim, 2 ret, floor ret, floor return. 2 inch solid. suction cleaning line. 1.5 inch solid. super blue diamond brite. NPT Gemstone Blue 2x2 with custom waterjet cut Disney Mickey markers. all pentair equipment. master temp 300,000 BTU. de 60. inteliflo 3.0 VS. swg ic40. 3 globrite LED lights. easy touch 4 with screen logic. tf-100/ salt kit

6. Back To Top    #26

What if you don’t have a covered area to put your tv? We don’t have a covered area but I’m interested in having a tv near the pool.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

7. Back To Top    #27

I have a 65" mounted outside, anyone have any ideas for a cover that is easily removeable? It's such a pain have to get a ladder, take the cover off, then put it on when I am done. Ceiling mount.
    12K Gallon, IG PebbleSheen Blue Granite, built AUG 2016, 4 Jandy nicheless LED lights , Jandy 2.0HP VS ePump, Jandy AquaPure PLC700 SWG, PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy CV580 VersaPlumb Cartridge Filter , Jandy - Pro Series RS4 W/iAquaLink, Jandy JXi400NK 400K Heater, OK Flagstone Coping, Travertine Decking, 7 x7 Spa, Tanning Shelf, 10' Grotto, TF-100.

8. Back To Top    #28

I just mounted my 60” LG on my brick wall right under the eave next to pool on side of house. Totally exposed but I came across the TV shield and at first I didn’t think twice because of the price but really wanted this tv in that spot. The tv and shield together cost me about 2,000 but still better than buying a 60” outdoor tv. The tv is fully enclosed in this case and it even has built in fans that kick on when it gets hot Inside. B28B2C11-A7FB-42AC-9E71-645B28985784.jpg14C3B8B2-79D6-4E39-9063-DD631ABB8CD0.jpgE68A3E01-9A11-40FA-BC16-61581AC134A3.jpg

I will I’ll say this and it was expected but it’s not the greatest during the day even with the “anti glare” but we love it.
    32í Long x 20.5í 15,000 Gallons/ Tanning ledge/ 4 ton waterfall grotto / 17' weeping rock / Jandy 2hp VS filter pump/ Jandy 2hp water feature pump / Jandy 400 BTU Heater / Iaqualink RS6 / 460 Jandy Cartridge Filter / All spectrum 360 LED Colorlights / WetEdge Primera Stone Sapphire Treasure/ Stenner Pump

9. Back To Top    #29

I've had my "standard" Samsung 55" outside for a full year now. Its under a covered patio and also bought one of these to put on it when not in use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far so good.
    18.5k gal, IG, Quartzscape Aruba Sky Caribbean, Hayward Cartridge, 2.5HP Hayward Tri-Star VS (3 - Pool/Spa, Waterfall/Slide, Weeping Rocks), Apr 2017 install, Taylor 2006 Test Kit, 6x9 Spa w/Hayward 400k BTU, Hayward Omnilogic 8, Hayward Tigershark Robot

10. Back To Top    #30

we have installed samsungs outside in the northeast at countless covered patios and the owners don't take them in in the winter and we get 4 plus years out of them with no protection. its all good they can actually take a beating. i would never spend the money on an outdoor tv even at my costs.

jim
    35x23/20 free form gunite 3.5-6 feet water. approx. 20,000 gallons. no spa or water features. 2 skim, 2 ret, floor ret, floor return. 2 inch solid. suction cleaning line. 1.5 inch solid. super blue diamond brite. NPT Gemstone Blue 2x2 with custom waterjet cut Disney Mickey markers. all pentair equipment. master temp 300,000 BTU. de 60. inteliflo 3.0 VS. swg ic40. 3 globrite LED lights. easy touch 4 with screen logic. tf-100/ salt kit

11. Back To Top    #31

Currently using two options. I didn't want to worry about theft/vandalism/weather so my options are mobile. 1- large wall 100" mounted screen and projector on rolling cart. Huge screen, great for parties/groups but not great for daylight and a bit cumbersome to setup/store. 2- 55" vizio on a rolling TV stand. Both options allow flexibility of location but require a few minutes of setup. With solid wifi/streaming device, wires and cabling are not necessary. Agree with jimim on costs of outdoor tv. If you're area is easily accessible to a cart, like mine- you might enjoy this.
    28,000 gallon in-ground, 10' Dolphin slide, waterfall and spa. Year round. black marble Pebble Tec; jandy DEV60 Filter; Jandy JEP 2.0; Jandy FHPM 2.0 2 spd pump| iaqualink 2.0| 2 Jandy WaterColors LED Large, 1 Jandy WaterColors Small | Jandy LRZ NG Heater; Polaris QT spa blower, Dolphin Premier Cleaner; Rainbow Lifeguard 320 chlorinator; Nature2 (removed minerals)| Construction- Time Lapse: Swimming Pool Construction - YouTube

12. Back To Top    #32

Another vote for a standard TV. Ours is wall-mounted under a solid patio cover well out of the way of weather exposure. Going on 5 years now. I was advised to go this route by a professional A/V guy. I would have to go through about 8-10 comparable standard TVs to equal the cost of a dedicated weather-proof outdoor TV. Main issue you will have is viewability if TV is exposed to bright sunlight. This is where dedicated outdoor units shine. But if it is shielded from direct sunlight, you will be fine - especially for evening/nighttime viewing.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

13. Back To Top    #33

Black Friday 50 inch special. I have had it outside for 3 years now mounted 8 feet up on the wall. Winter time I put a garbage bag over it just to seal out condensation. As long as its far enough under porch, a regular TV is fine. NO WAY would I pay the insane price for a "outdoor" TV. I paid $197 for my BF 50 inch... I could replace it like 2 dozen times for the price of an outdoor TV. Just make sure you have a GCFI outlet somewhere in that circuit just in case TV gets wet, itll pop the switch on the outlet and not someone touching the TV.
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

14. Back To Top    #34

Quote Originally Posted by fourhorses View Post
    I just mounted my 60” LG on my brick wall right under the eave next to pool on side of house. Totally exposed but I came across the TV shield and at first I didn’t think twice because of the price but really wanted this tv in that spot. The tv and shield together cost me about 2,000 but still better than buying a 60” outdoor tv. The tv is fully enclosed in this case and it even has built in fans that kick on when it gets hot Inside. B28B2C11-A7FB-42AC-9E71-645B28985784.jpg14C3B8B2-79D6-4E39-9063-DD631ABB8CD0.jpgE68A3E01-9A11-40FA-BC16-61581AC134A3.jpg

I will I’ll say this and it was expected but it’s not the greatest during the day even with the “anti glare” but we love it.
    fourhourses can you post a pic during the day? We have an old 60 inch plasma and it has a lot of glare during the day. Also can you post info on the antiglare screen as we would like to get one? Antiglare screens seem very expensive and I did not want to purchase one till I actually saw it in use. Thanks
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12