Outdoor TV help please

I wouldn't assume that it was wetness. I've had a regular tv on a screen porch and a friend has had one on a wall exposed to the elements a with bbq grill cover on it for many years.

Yes it weighs about 118 lbs. we had to get our Nextdoor neighbor to help up mount it. He is in the navy and has big muscles. Wish I got an led screen however the 60 inch plasma is nice and the wife likes it too[emoji2]

I miss those days of mounting plasmas. Still no set can match a pioneer elite but I don’t miss the weight. My 60 inch elite weighs 207 lbs. a beast to mount. We just moved it downstairs for my kids to use for gaming and my brother in law hung up on me when I called him to help me move it again! Lol.

He didn’t complain when I called for him to help me mount the 27 lb 65 inch OLED though. Lol

I just mounted my 60” LG on my brick wall right under the eave next to pool on side of house. Totally exposed but I came across the TV shield and at first I didn’t think twice because of the price but really wanted this tv in that spot. The tv and shield together cost me about 2,000 but still better than buying a 60” outdoor tv. The tv is fully enclosed in this case and it even has built in fans that kick on when it gets hot Inside. B28B2C11-A7FB-42AC-9E71-645B28985784.jpg14C3B8B2-79D6-4E39-9063-DD631ABB8CD0.jpgE68A3E01-9A11-40FA-BC16-61581AC134A3.jpg

I will I’ll say this and it was expected but it’s not the greatest during the day even with the “anti glare” but we love it.

we have installed samsungs outside in the northeast at countless covered patios and the owners don't take them in in the winter and we get 4 plus years out of them with no protection. its all good they can actually take a beating. i would never spend the money on an outdoor tv even at my costs.

jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Currently using two options. I didn't want to worry about theft/vandalism/weather so my options are mobile. 1- large wall 100" mounted screen and projector on rolling cart. Huge screen, great for parties/groups but not great for daylight and a bit cumbersome to setup/store. 2- 55" vizio on a rolling TV stand. Both options allow flexibility of location but require a few minutes of setup. With solid wifi/streaming device, wires and cabling are not necessary. Agree with jimim on costs of outdoor tv. If you're area is easily accessible to a cart, like mine- you might enjoy this.

Another vote for a standard TV. Ours is wall-mounted under a solid patio cover well out of the way of weather exposure. Going on 5 years now. I was advised to go this route by a professional A/V guy. I would have to go through about 8-10 comparable standard TVs to equal the cost of a dedicated weather-proof outdoor TV. Main issue you will have is viewability if TV is exposed to bright sunlight. This is where dedicated outdoor units shine. But if it is shielded from direct sunlight, you will be fine - especially for evening/nighttime viewing.

Black Friday 50 inch special. I have had it outside for 3 years now mounted 8 feet up on the wall. Winter time I put a garbage bag over it just to seal out condensation. As long as its far enough under porch, a regular TV is fine. NO WAY would I pay the insane price for a "outdoor" TV. I paid $197 for my BF 50 inch... I could replace it like 2 dozen times for the price of an outdoor TV. Just make sure you have a GCFI outlet somewhere in that circuit just in case TV gets wet, itll pop the switch on the outlet and not someone touching the TV.

I just mounted my 60” LG on my brick wall right under the eave next to pool on side of house. Totally exposed but I came across the TV shield and at first I didn’t think twice because of the price but really wanted this tv in that spot. The tv and shield together cost me about 2,000 but still better than buying a 60” outdoor tv. The tv is fully enclosed in this case and it even has built in fans that kick on when it gets hot Inside. View attachment 76194View attachment 76195View attachment 76196

I will I’ll say this and it was expected but it’s not the greatest during the day even with the “anti glare” but we love it.

fourhourses can you post a pic during the day? We have an old 60 inch plasma and it has a lot of glare during the day. Also can you post info on the antiglare screen as we would like to get one? Antiglare screens seem very expensive and I did not want to purchase one till I actually saw it in use. Thanks:cheers:

We have a 50" Samsung plasma that somebody was tossing in the trash because it had a big dent on the side. While lo and behold the TV works great, sound is great. Keep it covered unless we use and take it in during the winter

We have a 50" Samsung plasma that somebody was tossing in the trash because it had a big dent on the side. While lo and behold the TV works great, sound is great. Keep it covered unless we use and take it in during the winter

Free tv nothing wrong with that [emoji482]

This is year two of my 50" Samsung plasma tv, that was found in the trash and it still works fine. Great picture, great sound, yes it does have a dent in cabinet and only one HDMI port works but that is all I need. I keep it covered and take it in during the winter, but from April to November its outside and works great. I would never pay for an "outdoor" TV

I have mine in my screened in patio but the winds with rain is brutal sometimes.. It gets moisture on it but 4 years now and still going strong.. I bought a cheapo one so if it dies someday, I won't really care..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.