Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Conditioner

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Conditioner

I have used the Natural Chemistry liquid pool conditioner and it has helped but still need to bump up my CYA some more. I know the liquid is more $$ so is there any particular brand that is better than another? Or is it all the same?
    Also I have read about the sock method in the skimmer, would it also dissolve if I put it in a sock in one of the chlorine dispenser that floats on the top of the water? Or would the lack of water flow through it make it not dissolve?
    22,000 Gallon In-ground Gunite / Plaster (New pool, plaster done March 2017) with Spa
    Pentair Intelliflo variable speed pump and 2HP water feature pump
    Salt Water Generator
    Pentair Easy Touch System w/ Iphone app
    Pentair Gas Heater and Pentair Auto Vacuum

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Conditioner

Quote Originally Posted by bpdunlv View Post
    I have used the Natural Chemistry liquid pool conditioner and it has helped but still need to bump up my CYA some more. I know the liquid is more $$ so is there any particular brand that is better than another? Or is it all the same?
    Also I have read about the sock method in the skimmer, would it also dissolve if I put it in a sock in one of the chlorine dispenser that floats on the top of the water? Or would the lack of water flow through it make it not dissolve?
    Chemically it's all the same. Go for price..... probably going to be Walmart.

If you don't want to set the sock in the skimmer, you can dangle it in front of a return and let that pummel it. If you just let it bob off a floater, it will take longer to dissolve, but it will work.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!