Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opening Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Opening Pool

Here is the situation. my pool is closed and has L shaped PVC to keep jets above water level. I am getting a new cover and have to raise the water up to the skimmer.

Would it be an issue to fill the pool before officially opening it? (IE starting anything/removing those l shaped pvc/etc...) They need the pool level raised before they can install the cover. I just do not want to open the cover to remove everything because once I do I cannot close the cover without the new cover.

Thanks
    36,000 Gallon, 40x20 IG, Vinyl, Hayward S- 200 Sand Filter, 300,000 MasterTemp heater, 1hp Superpump, Polaris 9550 sport, TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opening Pool

I can't think of any reason. You're past the danger of freezing.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Opening Pool

thank you for reply. I can't imagine it causing any damage but wanted to make sure I was not overlooking anything
    36,000 Gallon, 40x20 IG, Vinyl, Hayward S- 200 Sand Filter, 300,000 MasterTemp heater, 1hp Superpump, Polaris 9550 sport, TF100 test kit