Jandy lights failing yearly

Frisco

Apr 25, 2016
Frisco, TX
I have had my Jandy multicolor lights replaced every year because they fail. They either won't come one, one of the 3 will be the wrong color, or 1 or 2 will turn on and the 3rd won't turn on. Are there any suggestions for lights that will just be dependable. Even if it means no fancy colors and features. I just want lights I don't have to replace yearly.

Thanks!

Are they the led version? If NOT, you likely can just change out the bulbs that are burnt out and be good to go. It took some time but I was able to find replacements for both the larger pool light and smaller spa light for ~ $3 per bulb. Thats well below what jandy is asking.

They are the LED's. They've tried to fix before replacing every time and they basically have lost their mind and the controls can't communicate correctly with the light for some reason. They replace and they work great again for another 6-12 months then do the exact same all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you wannabepoolguy.

We have already had our white Jandy Pro Series Nicheless LED Lights replaced once and they aren't even 2 years old yet. Ours failed by only working at a super dim level. Fortunately they are under warranty for another 15 months...

FWIW the repair tech told me that he has had to replace more of the Jandy white LED lights compared to the Jandy color LED's...

What is the standard warrany on Jandy brand lights? I've never been told and our pool construction company is now saying they are out of warranty. I think they just want to fix them anymore. I have a hard time believing they are out of warranty when they have been replaced once every 12 months or less since we had our pool built in 2014.

I am sure that the warranty doesn't reset or get extended when they replace lights. Below is the warranty I found on the lights.

"Jandy Pro Series & SAVI nicheless underwater LED lights (including LED light drivers for: bubblers, lit falls, and celestial fiber) that are professionally installed on or after August 1, 2015, will be warranted for a period of three years from date of purchase."

I have 4 of the Jandy nicheless LED lights in my pool that was finished in September 2015. They (Jandy) have just replaced all 4 as a set for the sixth time (yes I do mean 6)! The fault in each case was color drift - ie the blue became gradually more green and then the light output gradually reduced.

Over the years I've been told various "stories" about Jandy having a new version that doesn't have this issue but each time they have failed. I do think the interval between replacements is getting longer. The last set were approaching 16 months old when replaced, but I have changed their usage pattern part way through their short lives to only be used occasionally rather than 4-6 hours every night.

Whilst I am pleased that the PB and Jandy are standing behind their product so far, by replacing them as they fail, these lights are not meeting my expectations as a customer and I am sure the time will come when Jandy (and therefore the PB) wash their hands of the product and me as a customer

Is anyone else suffering similar issues with these LED lights?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't have the color ones - ours are the white ones and they have also failed multiple times. I am at the moment waiting for what will probably be my last replacement light. Fortunately, Jandy has offered to replace it even though I am past the 3 year warranty by a few months...

Our white ones get about 50% dim when they fail...and we hardly use them at all (like 10-20 times a year?).

I am about to be on my fourth Jandy multicolor LED since 2013. We rarely used them and it still goes out. This last one was in use, then it just faded out. Next day it comes on, then fades out. Now it does nothing. Can these be replaced with a standard bulb? I would rather just buy the $150 LEDs that screw into standard sockets as sold on amazon. This thing costs me $1000 every time it goes out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.