Navarre/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So as I was vacuuming my pool today, I noticed this leaf kind of floating around at the bottom. I attempted to vacuum it but for some reason, it would not come up. So I reached down to grab it when I discovered it was attached! A WEED! had grown up through my liner into the pool! :mad: Ugh!

So while I am recovering from my liner-eating, weed-induced panic attack, I would like to know:
  1. What is the best way to patch the bottom of my pool without draining all 19328 gallons of TFP beautiful water? Please post links to the recommended patch kit.
  2. How does one go about preventing this from happening in the future? I already have rocks on weed fabric around the pool.
  3. Is this a common problem?

Bad enough to have weeds in your flower beds, but weeds in your pool. That is just not right!

I guess putting your pool on some kind of foundation (too late now, right?) would prevent weeds. But, I did have to recently patch the bottom of my pool (the water temp was 40 degrees). I prepared the kit and used my feet to put it in the right spot. I used several patches as it was a big hole, I was cold, and never wanted to do it again. You can get just about any pool underwater patch kit off Amazon-almost all of them work underwater just fine.

We just had sand placed under the pool. It was probably around 1 inch at the most. This is our first pool so I am learning.

I had good luck with the basic patches included with Intex pools in the past. Lightly scrub around the area to be patched. Cut a small piece of patch vinyl, larger than the hole. Apply glue to the patch, fold it over onto itself and dive underwater. Don't unfold until the very last minute under water and press against the hole. I like to squish it with my heal to press out the water from under the patch as best I can. Don't leave your heal on the patch too long, or it'll glue itself to your foot! Ask me how I know. :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.