Opened pool; 2 Jets working, one is not.

Rych_P

Jun 30, 2016
Graysonville, MD
Hi Everyone,

I opened the pool today and I have an issue with one of my jets.

The pool is a 13,000 gallon, in-ground, concrete with DE cartridge filter. I have 3 total jets and one is not working.

Here is what I have done so far:

Checked all valves
Worked the skimmer valve back and forth
Capped the working jets to build pressure
Used a drain king in both the skimmer and at the pump

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Just to avoid any possible confusion I'm assuming you are referring to standard returns in a pool, and not jets as typically used when referencing a spa that blows air + water, correct?

Is it the furthest return from the pump? have you tried probing up the return?

All I can think of is that trash has collected at the end of the line, and took the last exit at the end of the road.

Are all 3 jets on separate runs? If so, do you have a valve to select only that run?

There is only one valve that returns to the pool. I have looked everywhere for the possibility of another valve, but there is only the one.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the returns, not a jet as in a spa. It is on the opposite side of the pool from the pump, but so is the other working return on that side. I placed the drain king in the return and it blew right off.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be sure... this return has worked in the past? I'm only asking because if it's below the skimmer, it's an equalizer port and not a return.

I'm pretty sure, but now that you say it, I wouldn't bet a paycheck on it. It is closest to the skimmer, but not right under it. The company that closed the pool left three eyeballs in the skimmer basket. The return (or equalizer port) in question was capped. Air came out when I remove the cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to avoid any possible confusion I'm assuming you are referring to standard returns in a pool, and not jets as typically used when referencing a spa that blows air + water, correct?

Is it the furthest return from the pump? have you tried probing up the return?

All I can think of is that trash has collected at the end of the line, and took the last exit at the end of the road.

Yes, the returns, not a jet as in a spa. It is on the opposite side of the pool from the pump, but so is the other working return on that side. I placed the drain king in the return and it blew right off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.