Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 x 30 oval how many people without being cramped?

1. Back To Top    #1

15 x 30 oval how many people without being cramped?

So I'm looking at the 15 x 30 and an 18 x 33. I have 3 young kids my husband and myself. Most the time the pool be used by my 3 kids all under 10 and a friend or two. I saw a 15 by 26 in the showroom and it looks big enough but I'm just wondering for those of you that have a 15 x 30 how many people can you comfortably have in it?

I would go the biggest we can afford but my husband is really not into having the pool in the first place so I can't have something humongous

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 15 x 30 oval how many people without being cramped?

Also, those of you with the saltwater 8000 and 54" walls, about how deep is your water? I know install will change it from pool to pool but just trying to get an idea.

3. Back To Top    #3

Mine is 16 x32 and it'll handle a lot more than your load might seem to be! Course, we're talkin' old folks waddling around and floatin' on noodles chattin' and sippin'!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

54" fills up to 48" in my pool.
    13700 gal, 32'x16'x54" AG oval, vinyl, Echo Canyon II, 8500 series, Narrow Yard, Safety Fence & Stair, Sta-Rite Crystal Flow T-210WF, 44 GPM, Hayward SP1580TL 1HP Pump, Aqua Luminator, Festiva wedding cake steps, March 2006, TFT-100, Speed-Stir, Sample Sizer. Avatar Credit: TJ Townsend

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a 15x30 with a wife and 3 kids. Even with extra guests over the pool have never felt small. Our kids jump off the deck endlessly and there is always room for that too even with the other people in the pool. On the other hand I would have gone bigger if I could have fit it in 18x33 was my first choice.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

6. Back To Top    #6

Ha, hubby said 30' is huge, he just doesn't get it....

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by CJadamec View Post
    I have a 15x30 with a wife and 3 kids. Even with extra guests over the pool have never felt small. Our kids jump off the deck endlessly and there is always room for that too even with the other people in the pool. On the other hand I would have gone bigger if I could have fit it in 18x33 was my first choice.
    Thanks, that's helpful as we are the same size. It certainly looks big in your pictures

8. Back To Top    #8

Nobody ever says "Wish I got a smaller pool." 16x32 was the biggest I could squeeze into the yard.Yard.jpg
    13700 gal, 32'x16'x54" AG oval, vinyl, Echo Canyon II, 8500 series, Narrow Yard, Safety Fence & Stair, Sta-Rite Crystal Flow T-210WF, 44 GPM, Hayward SP1580TL 1HP Pump, Aqua Luminator, Festiva wedding cake steps, March 2006, TFT-100, Speed-Stir, Sample Sizer. Avatar Credit: TJ Townsend

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSelf View Post
    Nobody ever says "Wish I got a smaller pool." 16x32 was the biggest I could squeeze into the yard.Yard.jpg
    Where did you get your safety fence? Did it come with the pool? I checked them on pool factory and it is $1500+!

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes, got it with the pool and an added expense. It was worth not worrying about small children pulling something close and climbing in. It's about 3' high dug into the slope. I believe it was +/- 1200 on 06.

11. Back To Top    #11

I got hubby to agree to the 18x33! We marked out the 15x30 and he was like "yup that is plenty big enough". So then I started to talk about not wanting to be splashed every 2 seconds when I am sitting on the pool float as the kids jump in a thousand times. So I requested marking out the 18x33 just to see and then I pulled over a lounge cushion and asked 2 of the kids to get into the area with me and he started to see how it quickly fills up the space. I honestly think the 15x30 would be fine but we have a huge back yard and it is not that much more expense, so why not get a little bigger than we need and have no regrets?

12. Back To Top    #12

It's been said many times around here ... You never hear people saying they wish they had a smaller pool.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

13. Back To Top    #13

Another hubby bites the dust! Big club around here. Congrats.

Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

14. Back To Top    #14

We are a family of 5, also (3 kids). We ended up with an 18x40. I thought it would be too big, but my husband sold me on it and I'm glad we got that size and not a bit smaller. My husband can swim laps back and forth and there's tons of room for the kids and the rafts, toys, etc.

Here's a pic after it was installed.

IMG_0367.jpg
    19,000 gallons AG (18x40)
    Hayward Voyager system w/ 1.5hp Matrix pump
    Install: 8/2016
    Hayward 200,000 Btu NG

15. Back To Top    #15

Oh my gosh guys, I just did the survey to scale and unless my measurements are seriously off the 18x33 looks huge! The house is 3,500 square feet to give you an idea (not including the screened porch the pool is behind). The pool is the huge oval. Now I'm concerned this thing is going to be a monster, lol.

16. Back To Top    #16

Thought you'd already marked it off out in the yard?

17. Back To Top    #17

We marked it with cones in the grass. Seeing it in relation to the house this way is a bit shocking....

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by KarenNJ View Post
    Oh my gosh guys, I just did the survey to scale and unless my measurements are seriously off the 18x33 looks huge! The house is 3,500 square feet to give you an idea (not including the screened porch the pool is behind). The pool is the huge oval. Now I'm concerned this thing is going to be a monster, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenNJ View Post
    We marked it with cones in the grass. Seeing it in relation to the house this way is a bit shocking....
    An 18x33 pool is large, but "only" 525 sqft, lol. Judging by the 37' measurement on the right side, your hand drawn pool looks about right. you cant really compare to the 3500 sqft because your house is more than one level. But, you did want a big pool.

19. Back To Top    #19

Here's how my pool fits into my yard. Biggest pool that fit.
    Yard - Pool.JPG

20. Back To Top    #20

It will look huge once the walls go up, then you will get into with the family and say "oh, that's not so big!"
    28 ft round ABG with ~6ft deep end, approx. 20,000 gal, 2 spd 2 HP pump, sand filter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast