New pool under construction

May 9, 2017
Rockwall/ TX
Hi! I wish I had found this site sooner. We are building a new pool and it's been a little overwhelming. Wish I would've done more research on pool equipment/system and not sure if we can change anything at this point if we have to, but we're pleased with what has been done so far and can't believe how fast they're going. Excavation began on 5/4 and gunite was completed 5/9 It's been very exciting and we are trusting we made the right choices and trusting our builder since it's our first time. Looking forward to everyone's help and opinions. We have so much to learn.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: With a new pool comes LOTs of questions. Much of the answers won't sink-in until weeks later when you're alone and learning on your own. We can certainly help. A few things I'd recommend to you:
- Review the TFP Pool School - Start-up New Plaster page. Not to do anything specifically (your installer should do this for you), but you should know in advance what they "should" be doing. If something seems odd - ask! When they fill the pool and begin to add chemicals, write down what they are and how much.
- Be ready to go to your local HEB or Wal-Mart for regular bleach (Bravo or Great Value). The in-line chlorinator (tabs) will work for a short period in a new pool. After that, leave it empty.
- If you haven't ordered a TF-100 test kit (link below) please do so as soon as you can. Also consider the magnetic speedstir. That kit will save you a TON of headaches and probably money locally.
- Review/save the vital links below in my sig. You will use them all the time.

Very nice to have you with us. Have a great day.

Looks like a very nice, clean set-up. Lots of room on that equipment pad to work on in the future. And it looks like they installed a water spigot after the pump on top of that PVC huh? That's good! A nice way to hose some things off when you need to, or help to drain if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.