Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool under construction

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool under construction

Hi! I wish I had found this site sooner. We are building a new pool and it's been a little overwhelming. Wish I would've done more research on pool equipment/system and not sure if we can change anything at this point if we have to, but we're pleased with what has been done so far and can't believe how fast they're going. Excavation began on 5/4 and gunite was completed 5/9 It's been very exciting and we are trusting we made the right choices and trusting our builder since it's our first time. Looking forward to everyone's help and opinions. We have so much to learn.

Under construction 13k gal, IG stonescapes mini pebble pool, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump, Chlorine system (in line chlorinator), Suction cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool under construction

Hello and welcome to TFP! With a new pool comes LOTs of questions. Much of the answers won't sink-in until weeks later when you're alone and learning on your own. We can certainly help. A few things I'd recommend to you:
    - Review the TFP Pool School - Start-up New Plaster page. Not to do anything specifically (your installer should do this for you), but you should know in advance what they "should" be doing. If something seems odd - ask! When they fill the pool and begin to add chemicals, write down what they are and how much.
    - Be ready to go to your local HEB or Wal-Mart for regular bleach (Bravo or Great Value). The in-line chlorinator (tabs) will work for a short period in a new pool. After that, leave it empty.
    - If you haven't ordered a TF-100 test kit (link below) please do so as soon as you can. Also consider the magnetic speedstir. That kit will save you a TON of headaches and probably money locally.
    - Review/save the vital links below in my sig. You will use them all the time.

Very nice to have you with us. Have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for the info, very helpful! Here are some pics of what we have so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Under construction 13k gal, IG stonescapes mini pebble pool, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump, Chlorine system (in line chlorinator), Suction cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks like a very nice, clean set-up. Lots of room on that equipment pad to work on in the future. And it looks like they installed a water spigot after the pump on top of that PVC huh? That's good! A nice way to hose some things off when you need to, or help to drain if needed.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Ohhh, I love your sun shelf and pool design. So much fun will be had in that pool!

I definitely second ordering the test kit. I ordered mine early so I could get familiar with it before filling up the pool.
    Spring 2017 Build 14x30 FF 12,000 gallon IG plaster w/ blue quartz. 3 LED color lights. Tanning ledge. Raised spa w/ 3 spillways. 1 sheer descent from raised side wall. Jandy Pro Series Aqua Pure SWG (40,000 gallons), Jandy Pro Series Variable Speed Pump, Jandy Pro Series Large Tank Cartridge Filters CL460, Jandy Pro Series JXi Pool and Spa Natural Gas Heater (400,000 BTU). Maytronics A20 robot. TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Not much help but had to share that our pool designs look very similar. We are also just posting gunite!

7. Back To Top    #7

I like that design. We have a small yard and I love to see the smaller designed pools. Would you mind posting images of the pool design / layout renderings, if you have them?

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks! The kids are especially excited

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by srfdntchk View Post
    I like that design. We have a small yard and I love to see the smaller designed pools. Would you mind posting images of the pool design / layout renderings, if you have them?
    Thanks and I would but, I can't seem to upload more pics.