Should I add CYA?

Mar 23, 2017
Tallhassee, FL
So I have only been doing TFP method for a couple of weeks but the pool is crystal clear and I haven't seemed to have a problem yet. I have been testing the water almost everyday with the taylor basic test in the TF 100 and adding what I think is enough bleach to the pool. I have noticed that my chorine will be around 2 ppm by the end of the day and I have a CYA of 30. Ill dump what pool math says is the correct amount and come back the next day to it being around 2 ppm again. My pool gets a lot of sun and I was thinking maybe I should raise my CYA to around 40 to keep it from going to the bottom of the CYA/Chrlorine chart.

Last test results from the weekend were

FC 3
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 110
CYA 30
Temp 80 Degrees

The pool was previously managed by a pool service with the previous owner, I was worried the CYA would be thru the roof but it seems to be the opposite of what I was thinking. Here I was thinking I would be trying to lower all the levels but it might be the opposite. Love to get your advice.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.