New rookie on board!

May 9, 2017
NLR/Arkansas
Hey folks! Glad to have found this resource, read several articles and decided to join. I am from central Arkansas and we just had our pool built this past December. Obviously its been too cold to use the pool until recently, so I am very new to this.

so far I have only had one mishap with a local pool store's water chemistry equipment reading my salt level to be too low. Long story short, their equipment needed to be re-calibrated and my pool ended up over 5,000 ppm on salt. In retrospect and after reading several articles, I now realize the salt level wouldn't have dropped 2000 ppm from some rain and back washing.

So now I am armed with my Taylor 2006 and Taylor salt water test kits and am trying to become independent from the pool stores on my water chemistry.

anyway, our pool is s 28,000 gallon vinyl liner pool with water features, slide, diving board, pentair variable speed pump, pentair sand filter, pentair salt cell and aqua comfort heat/cool pump.

I am a first time pool owner so looking to gain as much knowledge as I can.

Attachments

• IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 26
  • FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 25
  • FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 25
Hi Andy,
Welcome to TFP!

That's a beautiful place you have there!
Kudos on getting yourself armed with a good test kit. You'll need it.

Best advice I can give you right now, is to make yourself familiar with the recommended levels and the ABC's of pool chemistry. These are found by clicking the Pool School button. Nothing is hard about any of this. Oh, and learn how to use Pool Math too. Its an invaluable tool.

Enjoy and feel free to post any questions you have!