What's a good salt to buy and where is the best place to buy it?

That is fine. The only difference with "Pool Salt" is that it dissolves guicker. I can wait an extra ten minutes to save a couple dollars per bag. Just be sure it's pure salt, no additives. Some softener salt has chemical additives.

I think I'm the only one on the forum who regularly uses 25# bags of non iodized granulated salt. It dissolves FAST !! I work for a foodservice distribution company and with my employee discount it's the best value hands down. But without the inside advantage I doubt restaurant depot or SAMs would be comparable on granulated as big box stores are on pool salt.

I buy the solar salt richie mentions above from a local hardware store and they have a card that they stamp from the salt company to buy 9 bags get the 10th free. Ask whoever you buy the salt from if they have those cards.

It's interesting that they list this as 99.6% pure, and this one Bright Salt is listed as 99.8% pure, but yet after putting 4 bags of this over 4 days, I now have a yellow stain on my liner :( I've used this salt before and it didn't do this. The only difference was I poured it in from the deep end to the shallow end, and it's the deep end that stained.

Any way to remove the stain? Brushing is not helping.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For the $1.50 a bag extra for the pool salt, it was worth the peace of mind. My salt level is still low so I am headed back for more.
595e4cda0e970d9281e2cedcbc9e462c.jpg
d0adbd15f3ce1fd8a4cd17d3384b33da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.