Apr 25, 2017
Buffalo/new york
Hello everyone. I'm a newer pool owner and am having quite a hard time haha. So I struggled last year with chemicals and wasting money at the pool store. So I bought a k-2006 test kit and found my CYA levels to be over 100. So I decided to try and drain some water, well when I closed the skimmer to just use the main drain it seems like pressure built up and the pipe above my pump started leaking. I tried to take it off and retape it or glue it and of course it cracked. I did a little research and I believe it's a check valve used to prime. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm in the process of buying a new one but I'm wondering why it started leaking. I run the filter daily and have never had an issue. Once it started leaking, I shut it off, reopened both valves back up and of course it leaked. Any help is appreciated, I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Hello everyone. I'm a newer pool owner and am having quite a hard time haha. So I struggled last year with chemicals and wasting money at the pool store. So I bought a k-2006 test kit and found my CYA levels to be over 100. So I decided to try and drain some water, well when I closed the skimmer to just use the main drain it seems like pressure built up and the pipe above my pump started leaking. I tried to take it off and retape it or glue it and of course it cracked. I did a little research and I believe it's a check valve used to prime. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm in the process of buying a new one but I'm wondering why it started leaking. I run the filter daily and have never had an issue. Once it started leaking, I shut it off, reopened both valves back up and of course it leaked. Any help is appreciated, I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Yes, pictures please!

Likely nothing you can't fix with a run to the local hardware store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.