New LED light using existing fiber optic cables

May 9, 2017
Lincoln, ca
I want to replace my halogen fiber optic pool lights with LED lights. The problem is the Builder buried the two Fiber Optic Cables directly into the ground so I have to connect the LED light to the current fiber optic cables. They are both 225 strands that run to both lights. But the new LED light will only receive 200 strands. If I only use a hundred strands from each fiber optics cable will the pool be bright enough with the new LED light?

I may be completely missing something here, but how are you going to run an LED light off of a fiber optic cable? The LED light needs low voltage power, and isn't the fiber optic cable just a bunch of glass fibers? Where will your power come from?

I may be completely missing something here, but how are you going to run an LED light off of a fiber optic cable? The LED light needs low voltage power, and isn't the fiber optic cable just a bunch of glass fibers? Where will your power come from?

The LED driver light will be in a junction box where the old halogen light was and the light will shine into the fibers and then out to the pool. I have the pool guy here now and we are going to try it. I will let you know if it works

The LED driver light will be in a junction box where the old halogen light was and the light will shine into the fibers and then out to the pool. I have the pool guy here now and we are going to try it. I will let you know if it works

That makes more sense now. I was thinking the LED light was going at the pool end, like a nicheless LED light. Did your idea work with having the LED shine into the fibers?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.