Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wrinkles after Opening

1. Back To Top    #1

Wrinkles after Opening

After opening this year and getting the pool clean I found some wrinkles on the floor and some on the wall. I know the liner is at least 8 years old, so I am not sure how to proceed.

They are not very noticeable when vacuumed around, but don't want any long term problems if I can avoid now. Also want the robot to be okay around them. Still waiting to clear the deep end to be able to see there as well.

What is my best course of action?

These were my opening numbers. FC is maintained around 16 for SLAM. pH was reduced prior to starting SLAM.

FC = 0
    CC = 0
    pH = 8.2+ (
    TA = 70
    CH = 25
    CYA = 0

22,600 gal. Vinyl Inground, FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wrinkles after Opening

Nothing to offer, sad to say - we had the same problem this year. Following discussion though...

18000 IG, SWG, 1/2 HP Tri Star + Solar PV direct DC Lorentz pump, Sand filtrt
    20000 gallon, Vinyl liner IG, SWG, Sand Filter, Hayward 1/2HP + Lorentz direct solsr PV pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Draining is the only solution, but if you dont mind then leave it as is.

Felipe
    7,500 gal Rectangular, Easytouch 8, Air+water temp sensors, Screenlogic2, IC40, intellibright5g color12v, Intelli pH, SD 70 filter w/Zeolit, Magicstream Laminars, waterfall. Raised Monolithic concrete lined with glass beads.

In Sunny Monterrey,Mx!

4. Back To Top    #4

Nothing to be done without an expensive solution. It should be fine. Vinyl liners dont last as long as they used to unfortunately.