Hayward 26115vsp....pump suggestions

Kiddo44pct

Apr 20, 2017
Nyc
Was going to use the variable speed pump because i was thinking about an inexpensive solar panel on my garage roof..approximately 10ft but my pool builder doesnt think it will heat up pool enough but it was only .85 Hp..definitely not enough so here it is...pool is 15x24 oval aquasport 52inch...any suggestions..self priming pump but any suggestions..models..thanks in advance

I am a little confused by your question. Are you saying your pump is not large enough? Have you tried it. I ran my solar on a two story house with 1/2 HP pump. What is the make model of the pump? Is it the Hayward 26115 or is that one you want? Also what is the size of your panels?

What kind of pump do you have now? Nearly any pump will work with that setup except maybe an Intex pump with solar. Without solar, any pump.

Ok, if you like the 26115, that is a very good pump. Or a simple two speed like the Dynamo 1 HP. Just depends on your budget and what you are looking for. As I said before, any pump will do.

Why do you think you need a 1 1/2 HP?

I currently run my 20k pool on a 1/2 HP pump using low speed most of the time.

I don't think you need that large a pump. Plus using HP to size a pump can lead you astray. The Hayward vs is actually much larger than many 1.5 HP ag pumps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.