Doheny's Discovery (Maytronics S200) Dolphin Question

skimmerswimmer

Jul 30, 2013
Long Island, NY
I just purchased this unit and am curious as to what I should be doing with objects in the pool such as my poolskim device (connected to one of the returns) and the two floating frog logs I have hanging off the sides of the pool. As the robot moves up to the tile line, will it try to eat my frog logs? I'm guessing it would make sense to remove these prior to cleaning, but just wanted to check to see if anyone else has run across this potential issue.

yeah remove that stuff. The robot will either try to eat it, or the cord get tangled on it. Forgot to take out my thermometer which had a string tied to it, and it got ate. Didnt do any damage but was a pain to get the string out from round the tracks

I just received my robot and tried it out. It doesn't look like fast mode is enabled on this model. It did pretty well cleaning the pool, but it eventually got wedged behind my ladder and apparently it doesn't have the smarts to get out of this. The programming it used to back out did not change at all over a 15 minute period. You would think, after a minute or two trying that they could use the jets or some other program modification to try to back it out/sideways rather than just try 5 seconds of reverse tractor motion, stop, 5 seconds in reverse, stop, etc.

I will have to try to figure out a way to block the sides of my ladder below the water line to prevent this from happening again. Maybe I can find some PVC saddle Tee fittings that can clamp around the SS tubing of the stairs and build a rail down each side with 1" PVC to prevent the robot from getting wedged in there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.