Salt warter Chorinator not functioning

Aug 2, 2013
Hi all,
It looks like my Aqualine Saltwater generator has stopped functioning correctly. There is no voltage at the electrolysis unit and some of the menus don't work.

I must admit I know very little about these. If it does need replacing I have a couple of questions.....
1. Can I use any Chlorinator ?
2. Does the Chlorinator and electrolysis until come as a pair or can I swap, use different manufacturers ?
3. I've attached a picture of the main unit which I can't find any info on. Its about 4 yrs old. Anyone recognise it ?
4. What can I expect to pay to replace the unit ?

thanks !

Aqualine Generator.jpg

S,

The controller and cell come as a pair. You can't mix and match parts using different brands.

Assuming you can't fix what you have, you will have to replace the entire system.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I'm in the UK, but the pool is in Italy. The pool is salt water based and 12x6 metres in size with a depth of about 1.5 meters. I'm not in contact with the pool company who installed everything about 4 years ago as they tried to rip me off. I didn't even get a single receipt for anything in the end.

I have someone who looks after the pool for me, but he's not an expert when it comes to Chlorinators and cells and niether am I. I suppose the challenge is trying to determine whether its a cell or Chlorinator problem. To be honest im not sure the cell has ever been cleaned since it was first put in!

Would that be the first point of diagnosis ?

I guess what Im after is (if I can't resolve) is a reccomendation on an up to date system. I see some chlorinators now are a single unit with a combined controller and cell. Are they worth looking at ? I don't mind shipping from US to UK or Italy as long as hey can do 240 volts. Distributors in Italy tend to charge 4 x the real price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.