Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salt warter Chorinator not functioning

1. Back To Top    #1

Salt warter Chorinator not functioning

Hi all,
    It looks like my Aqualine Saltwater generator has stopped functioning correctly. There is no voltage at the electrolysis unit and some of the menus don't work.

I must admit I know very little about these. If it does need replacing I have a couple of questions.....
    1. Can I use any Chlorinator ?
    2. Does the Chlorinator and electrolysis until come as a pair or can I swap, use different manufacturers ?
    3. I've attached a picture of the main unit which I can't find any info on. Its about 4 yrs old. Anyone recognise it ?
    4. What can I expect to pay to replace the unit ?

thanks !

Aqualine Generator.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Salt warter Chorinator not functioning

I can't find anything on the web on that system.

Where are you located?

Fill out your pool signature to give us some type of information about your pool.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

S,

The controller and cell come as a pair. You can't mix and match parts using different brands.

Assuming you can't fix what you have, you will have to replace the entire system.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm in the UK, but the pool is in Italy. The pool is salt water based and 12x6 metres in size with a depth of about 1.5 meters. I'm not in contact with the pool company who installed everything about 4 years ago as they tried to rip me off. I didn't even get a single receipt for anything in the end.

I have someone who looks after the pool for me, but he's not an expert when it comes to Chlorinators and cells and niether am I. I suppose the challenge is trying to determine whether its a cell or Chlorinator problem. To be honest im not sure the cell has ever been cleaned since it was first put in!

Would that be the first point of diagnosis ?

5. Back To Top    #5

I guess what Im after is (if I can't resolve) is a reccomendation on an up to date system. I see some chlorinators now are a single unit with a combined controller and cell. Are they worth looking at ? I don't mind shipping from US to UK or Italy as long as hey can do 240 volts. Distributors in Italy tend to charge 4 x the real price.

6. Back To Top    #6

35,000 Gal. - 40x20x8 - Plaster - SWG Pentair IC 60 - Barracuda G3 Vacuum - Hayward c1750 Cartridge Filter - Blue Torrent VS 1.5hp pump - Pool is 45 years old.

"I'd build a deck over my pool if I didn't have a SWG"