Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how hard to change

1. Back To Top    #1

how hard to change

Hi. I am just changing over to the TFP lifestyle. LOL! I currently don't have a SWG. How hard is it to change over? Is it worth doing? What's the most budget friendly option for my 13,500 gallon AG pool?

Thanks for your help!
    13,500 gal. AG pool
    2 hp, 2 speed pump with 24" sand filter
    TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: how hard to change

Installation is about as hard as changing the oil in your car.

"They'll have to pry the SWG out of my cold dead hands"

35,000 Gal. - 40x20x8 - Plaster - SWG Pentair IC 60 - Barracuda G3 Vacuum - Hayward c1750 Cartridge Filter - Blue Torrent VS 1.5hp pump - Pool is 45 years old.

"I'd build a deck over my pool if I didn't have a SWG"

3. Back To Top    #3

Hampstead, NC, transitioning to Perfection, NC

Re: how hard to change

Welcome to TFP!
    Well, you don't have to crawl under your pool to install it! (I had to crawl under a deck but ymmv.) You can use the search feature to look at previous answers to this question, but here is a comparison link: Compare Salt Pool Chlorine Generators - Price - Capacity - Chlorine Output - Warranty. Yes, it is by a manufacturer so their products are featured first. I installed a CP last year after several years with an Intex. I am very happy with the service, price and performance. One thing to remember is that many manufacturers protect the service side of the business by not honoring a warranty unless it is installed by a "pool professional". Nothing wrong with having someone else do it, but since you seem interested in getting your hands wet, it becomes a significant price differential.
    16X32 AB, Pentair SD filter, 3/4hp Pentair Optiflo, CircuPool RJ30+ swg, TF 100, 19 X 37 igv, Pentair filter, 1hp Pentair Superflo pump.